8- truth

The sunshine pours in through my blinds and straight onto my face, causing me to wake up again. Groaning, I roll over to see Drew missing from his spot on the bed. I know he didn't leave because of his things littered across my bedroom floor.

I reach over to my nightstand and check the time in my phone, 11:52. Shit. I mentally curse myself for staying in so late, my sleep schedule is going to suffer the consequences.

I emerge from the comfort of my bed and head downstairs for something to eat. When I reach the bottom I'm surprised to see Drew making some sort of lunch in the kitchen while him and Aleska talk.

I walk up to them making my presence known and sink into the barstool next to Aleska before laying my head down on the cool countertop of the kitchen island.

"Someone had a rough night" she laughs at my current state as I flip her off.

"Aww it's okay sweetie" she says in an exaggerated voice while she rubs my lower back.

"I think last night made me want to be sober" I confess while my head still lays on the countertop.

"We both know that's not true" Drew laughs.

"Yeah but it's a step in the right direction" I lift my head up, facing Drew as he sets down a plate in front of me.

"What's this?" I ask grabbing the fork he hands to me.

"Just a fruit salad, I didn't want to use any of your other stuff in the fridge so I just chopped up some fruit" I nod at his words before stabbing my fork into some cantaloupe.

"I know you like to eavesdrop Drew, so did you happen to hear my conversation with Bella last night" I ask hoping to get some input on what they want to talk about.

"No I was too busy with this girl puking every 2 seconds. Why was it juicy or something?" he laughs at his own joke while awaiting details.

"I wish I could remember" I laugh. "They just texted me this morning that they wanted to talk to me, doesn't sound good." I confess.

"That checks out" He nods as he steals a piece of honeydew from my bowl.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I question him, utterly confused.

"You just came back after your phone call feeling some type of way and wanted to drink it off" he shrugs it off before going to rinse out my empty bowl for me.

"I should probably call them back then shouldn't I" I know it's the right thing to do, but I want to put it off for as long as possible, afraid of what might happen.

"Yes" I hear a faint response come from Aleska who moved to the couch during the time me and Drew were talking.

"Okay then" I laugh. "I'll be back I guess". I grab an ibuprofen for my headache and head up to my room, locking the door behind me. I grab my phone from my nightstand and click onto Bellas contact, hesitantly pressing the call button.

It rings for a while before it stops and I hear muffled noises from the other side.

"Hey, sorry about that I had just gotten into bed, you feeling better?" Im instantly relieved to hear their voice, calming some of my anxieties.

"Yeah a bit, I just have a headache" I laugh it off.

"Aw that sucks" Bella sympathizes. It goes silent for a while, none of us knowing how to continue the conversation with the big elephant in the room.

I decide it break the silence and bring up the obvious.

"So um- I don't really remember what I said last night. Appearently it was bad because Drew said- you know never mind that's a story for a different time" I let out a shallow laugh.