2- interrogation

I step out of my car and look up at the illuminating sign from the restaurant in front of me. Hayden, Drew, and Aleska demanded I tell them everything that happened at the after party after I met them while leaving, so we decided to set up a quick dinner date for the next day.

I walk through the small restaurant, my eyes dancing around all the little trinkets, landing on one of a small guitar reminding me that I should start recording again. I hear my name being called snapping my attention back to the present.

"Dear god I thought she would never answer, get over here and spill the beans" Drew eagerly pats the seat next to him.

I hold back my laughter as I glide into the booth next to him.

"Okay now spill, was it love at first sight?"

I giggle to myself a bit, it surely felt like it, but no way in hell was I telling them knowing the big deal they'd make out of it. "I mean we just talked the whole time. Like about nothing and everything"

"Oh she is whipped" Aleska chimes in. I reach across the table and give her a small slap across the shoulder.

"She followed you on instagram then proceeded to comment on your post, how are you not fangirling out right now?"

I was honestly. As soon as I saw the notification pop up on my phone I had an internal conversation debating how I should respond and how soon is to soon.

"Helloooo earth to Jasmine!" Aleska snaps in front of my face.

"Sorry I was just thinking" I brush my hair behind my ear.

"Thinking about a certain someone" Drew pokes for an answer from me, which she isn't getting.

I change the subject back to the party, "We only talked once and texted last night about interviews and stuff, trust me nothing is happening." I say as I start looking through the menu

"Mhm, for now." Drew says under his breath

"I herd that" I reply

"Herd what?" He says smiling towards Aleska who is giggling to herself. I roll my eyes at him before returning to the menu in my hands.

"I'm just glad you're getting back out there"
Hayden finally speaks up.

I look up at her and see her genuine smile.

"I just want to know when the wedding is" Drew announced as he skims through the menu, earning a chuckle from Aleska across the table.

"You two are horrible" I laugh back.

"Eh you love us. Hey this restaurant is like all vegan what the hell?" Aleska's confused eyes dart through the menu.

I look down myself noticing that every menu item consists of either no meat or a meat substitute.

"Oh yeah I guess you're right. I didn't really look at the menu I just liked the aesthetic" Drew confesses, marking everyone laugh.

"See this is why we let Hayden pick where we eat" Aleska points to Hayden making her laugh of embarrassment.

The waiter comes over with waters in hand and begins handing them out to us.

"Are you four ready to order or should I give you some time?" She asks glancing around us all.

We all send each other looks confirming that we're ready before reading off the menu items to the redhead who writes them down.

Once she has it all she returns to the kitchen leaving us alone.

"Okay was she like really cute or is it just me?" Aleska turns to the group.

"Oh for sure, she had that innocent kind of look, definitely something you would go for" Drew says before taking a sip on his water, the condensation leaving a mark on the wooden booth.