Prologue: A Meeting of Two Stars

2012

Japan: Miyazaki prefecture.

Two days before Yoru's conversation with Akira.

"Ha... ha..."

A teenage girl in a black Italian-style business suit panted heavily as she limped across a dimly lit street. Her head of long violet hair shone a dark red as the light from the old street lamps bounced off the blood that caked her purple mane- some of it hers, and some of it not. Bullet holes in her clavicle and left calf bled profusely, staining her white collared shirt and black trousers crimson with cruor. The teen pressed her left palm against the injury on her neck, putting pressure on the wound and curbing blood loss.

It was a strange sight, a girl no older than sixteen standing at a mere five feet two inches (157.5 cm) had cuts and injuries no one her age should have. But, as you might've guessed, she is no regular girl.

"Ha... Just a little bit more." The violet-haired teenager mumbled under her breath as a familiar hospital came into sight. "I think Ogawa is in today. Ha... If not... then I'll go to Fuji instead..."

Her name is Yoru Wick, she's one of the most skilled assassins within the criminal underworld. Despite only being sixteen, she had dealt more hits and accomplished more than those twice her age despite her membership being only two years old. And- as you can guess from her last name alone- she is the adoptive daughter of John Wick, the infamous Baba Yaga and the greatest hitman the criminal underworld had ever seen.

As a familiar hospital came into sight, Yoru quickly scanned her surroundings, confirming, once again, that she wasn't being followed. But even if she was, she still had three bullets left in her P30 pistol; even in her current condition, the young hitwoman was confident in her aim.

When she dragged herself to the hospital entrance, she pushed open the door with her left shoulder and made her way to the front desk.

"Is Ogawa in today?" Yoru asked the front receptionist as the glasses-wearing woman typed away at a computer. "Ha... And my apologies for the blood."

"Yes." The receptionist briskly replied without even looking up at the teenage hitwoman.

"Alright." The violet-haired girl nodded as her right hand reached into her left leg pocket, pulling out four gold coins and placing them on the receptionist's desk. "Tell Ogawa to ha... keep the change as my thanks."

The receptionist pulled out a red velvet box from under the table and carefully placed the four coins inside the cushioned storage case. When the receptionist finally looked up after the box clicked shut, Yoru had already disappeared.

______________________________________________

"Thank you sensei!" The voice of another teenager rang out from the hall as a violet-haired girl and a doctor stepped out of a room in front of Yoru. The violet-eyed hitwoman took notice of the teenager's bulging belly, clearly the girl was pregnant. But, that's not the aspect of the girl that caught the young assassin's attention; no, far from it. It was the pregnant teenager's face, a complete one-for-one match for Yoru's own.

The girl had the same violet eyes, soft cheeks, and small nose; hell, even their lips match exactly. The only person the teenage hitwoman could think of who could have these features is...

"And- eh?" The pregnant teenager's sentence halted mid-sentence as she caught sight of Yoru, and the pair of violet-eyed girls stared at each other for what felt like hours.

"Ah, Yoru!" The Doctor- Amamiya Yoru believed his name was- interrupted as his eyes flashed with recognition. "Came here for the usual? Ogawa is two doors down, you know? He refused to go home despite his shift ending hours ago, saying he hasn't seen his favorite patient yet. He's still working this hard despite his advanced age."