Chapter 9

Renjun's Pov

Just like how Soobin wanted, Karina and I arranged a party in celebration of our company's success.

We booked a top quality hotel and organized everything within three days.

There's Dj, pool, games and so many other fun things here. I'm glad to see people are enjoying themselves and our efforts did not go to waste.

Soobin is busy talking to everyone and being the center of attention. There were many people who were not the employees of our company but relatives of them in one way or another. It can't be helped, Soobin likes to be surrounded by many people, though I don't. I don't like too much interaction with people. If it was not for Soobin, I would've suggested a small celebration within our colleagues only.

Since the party started, I've been running from here and there to keep a check on everything, I can't enjoy the party that I myself organized, still.. better than socializing.

Earlier Karina told me that she had invited Jaehyun too, I was surprised as to why she would do that. Even more surprising would be the fact if Jaehyun actually turns up.

Nah no way! He must prefer staying home and spending time with his close friend rather than go to some party where he would see some pathetic jealous guy like me. As a matter of fact I barely see him in the house. He's usually out being busy, or sleeping whenever I come out of my room. I guess it can't be helped, we weren't close in the first place.

Hmm.. there seems to be a few young kids as well. Soobin didn't want any kids here. I wonder who brought them.

Sheesh! They are running everywhere. I feel something bad is gonna happen.

And just like I thought, one kid was running straight towards the table that had a big tower of glasses.

I rushed behind him hurriedly.

Crash!

I slowly opened my eyes to see if the kid was safe. I sighed with relief.

Suddenly a woman snatches him away from me.

She was fuming with anger. She started saying something with a scowl on her face.

"Who the fuck are you to hurt my kid?!"

I tried to get up with all the strength I have, I winced at the pain I felt from my back.

"Hey attention here!", she snapped her fingers at me.

I literally saved that kid's life so why is she raging at me?

'You should worry about your son and check whether he's okay or not' I signed to her.

'When he was running around everywhere, where were you? Why didn't you keep your eyes on him in the first place?' I continued.

"What..? What the hell are you doing with your hands?" "Speak up, can't you talk? Gosh what a freak!" "I should've known this party was gonna be bullshit from the start" "You know what I can't deal with this, best way to get rid of someone stupid like you would be to call my husband, he'll take care of this"

I couldn't stand her being mad all over me, shouldn't she think of her kid first and that's exactly what she's not doing. So I approached the kid, 'Hey are you okay?' I walked towards him concerned.