Chapter : 4 Little Brother.

Start from the beginning

The award ceremony has always been more dominated by the biggest business tycoons than the artists. That's why Ritwik visits this one every year, not because he is an artist but because he knows his beloved twin brother, the proud CEO of the Nagpati Empire, will be present here just like the other years. Although Ritwik comes here for a totally different reason, the reason being his only chance to get a glimpse of the person he is still breathing for. Teressa, the woman who one fine night barged into his dreams and is controlling his entire being since. Every year Pratima ji informs him about their arrival, every year she hopes for his reconciliation with his brother Daivik, but every year she ends up being more hopeless, feeling sad at the thought that the crazy boy couldn't do just this much for her. She has to be the most delusional woman in the world, because if he would ever do anything for any woman other than Teressa, that would certainly be her, the woman who isn't his mother but became one, the woman who loved him without any expectations. But this, he simply couldn't gather the courage to do. However, what makes this year different is the fact that this time he wasn't only going to look for his muse but his little brother as well and after seeing Manik and his current change of personality, his concentration got fixed on him and only him.

So much so, that he missed the dark blue car silently entering the parking lot, that he missed his twin brother coming out of it, that he couldn't get the chance to feel jealous over the same fact that he held Teressa possessively by her waist, that he couldn't feel the wetness pouring down his grey eyes, that he couldn't feel like murdering his own brother all over again.

His eyes remain fixed on the stairway that leads to the topmost part of the gallery. His little brother is hiding somewhere around the VIP lounge. He slowly brought out the invitation card he never needed to use before, because he never entered. He stepped out of the car, moving straight to the security guards, who recognized him anyway.

Yet again, the invitation card remained unused.

¤¤¤¤¤

It has been more than thirty minutes inside this air conditioned shit. His suit discarded and handed over to Leo. All Vulcan feels is restless, until his eyes fall on the front row of the VIP sitting area. A view that makes him stand up slowly, his muscles flexing underneath his dark grey dress shirt. He slowly inserts both of his hands inside the pockets of his dark blue pant. Three years, it has been three fucking years since he saw his brother, his Dev bhai, three years since he saw his bestfriend, Triss. A part in him keeps pushing him from inside to go down and meet them, but that part is the weakest part of his personality right now. The dominant part remains still, overlooking the view unfolding infront of him. He sees Daivik place a kiss on Teressa's forehead, they look happy, comfortable and disappointingly unbothered by his absence. Just the way he imagined. He, Manik Raj Nagpati, had been the weakest, the most unnecessary part of the family. Nobody needed him, not his brothers, not Pratima ji, not even Triss. They are better off without him. His face hardens and immediately becomes expressionless, as he smoothly turns around and strides out of the cabin, followed by his two assistants. His legs level up the speed, as if he can't tolerate being inside this place anymore.

He was just about to take the staircase, because he felt claustrophobic inside an elevator, when a voice echoes through the empty corridor and his jaw clenches.

"Going somewhere little brother?" The voice utters, making his heart clench. He knows this voice all too well.
The infamous Ritwik Raj Nagpati.
His Rik bhai.

His whole body freezes when he feels him walking towards him but out of instinct, he flinches even before he is touched and Ritwik notices.

"Rik bhai." Vulcan utters.

"I am. And you? Who are you now? Should I call you Nik or Vulcan?" Ritwik asks now walking infront of him.

"I am Vulcan for everyone but I'd prefer being Nik for you." He says, his shoulders stiffening. Leo and Purnit keeps looking at the scene unfolding infront of them with their mouths agape.