Chapter 4: Jungkook

Start from the beginning

Jungkook stopped moving. So did Jimin and Hobi. "What did you just say?" Hobi blurted out, his voice sharp and deadly.

Sejin repeated his words with a perplexed expression on his face.

Hobi whipped his head towards Namjoon, "Why would you do that, Namjoon?"

Namjoon exhaled loudly, "Because we had too many problems recently. We were all getting afraid."

"But...how are we going to meet our soul mate now?" Jimin asked in alarm.

Sejin's head snapped so quickly in Jimin's direction, Jungkook wondered if he experienced whiplash. "What did you just say?"

"We'll catch you up later, hyung," Jin told him, fully focused on the conversation. Jungkook realized all of them were listening to what was said.

"At the time, I didn't know this would happen. My focus was on protecting us," Namjoon answered in a defeated tone.

"Let's think about this rationally," Jin stepped in. "Our soul mate—if they really are here—might have said they were just here to see us. We might still get to see them."

"And what if they didn't?" Taehyung countered in an unrelenting voice. "What if they told the truth and were kicked out? What if we missed our chance to meet them?"

"With that reasoning, what if they didn't book tickets to the meet and greet?" Yoongi said, playing devil's advocate.

"Boys," Sejin called out loudly, stretching his hands out in front of him. "I'm not entirely sure what's happening right now, but we all need to calm down."

"We'll talk about this after," Namjoon commanded, forcing himself to get into leader mode. Jungkook always respected Namjoon and his authority. He never questioned it. Namjoon always did so much for them. But right now, he was angry at his leader.

They continued stomping down the white corridors toward the room. At a certain point—where members of the public were allowed to walk—Sejin instructed them to put their masks and bucket hats on. Used to this, they all obeyed.

Jungkook rounded the corridor with the others and felt a shift in the atmosphere. He couldn't pinpoint what it was but his whole world shifted. Disorientated, he barely noticed the tall woman wearing a mask and hat pass him.

It was only when he had entered the greeting room that he was able to think clearly. In the corridor, his mind felt fuzzy and light. What the hell had happened to him?

He glanced at his hyungs who all had dazed expressions on their faces. His own face probably mirrored their faces.

"Did you feel that?" Taehyung leaned and whispered in his ear. Jungkook blew out a breath and nodded his head subtly.

The room was filled with ARMY. it was mostly women and girls who were in the room but it was nice to see some men too. They all grinned in excitement at their arrival, not noticing how off the group was.

Jungkook loved meeting ARMY but today, he wanted to be somewhere else.

It took him a moment to realize he wanted to be in the corridor, where he had felt strange.

With that admission, he scoured his brain to work out why.

It was obvious his soul mate was not in the room. He didn't feel any kind of pull. All he felt was longing. It stemmed from the deep pits in his heart and pushed him to leave their room and find that peace.

Reluctantly, Jungkook sat down at the table with his bandmates and spoke to their guests. It took a great deal of effort for him to remain seated.

After a painful hour, they were finally able to leave. Namjoon thanked their guests in a polite but tired tone. They were escorted out of the room to one only a few feet away.