Chapter 31: A Broken Brooms and A Broken Heart

Y/n POV

Location Setting: Aranshire

The atmosphere was tranquil and serene as the sun shone down and the birds sang their melodies. I exclaimed urgently to Ominis, "Hurry, the sun is setting soon!"

I dashed towards the edge of the cliff, admiring the magnificent view of Hogwarts spread out before me.

However, Ominis seemed hesitant and cautious about the location. "Are you sure this is a good spot? I can smell coal and smoke," he remarked astutely.

Despite his concerns, I shrugged them off nonchalantly. "No need to worry about that. It's just the Hogwarts Express passing by—Accio, Ominis!" I used a spell to bring him closer to me and away from the train tracks.

Ominis was clearly unnerved by the experience and expressed his doubts. "Feck, This is not a good idea, Y/n. We should go back after we settle," he suggested, hoping to return to safety.

"I must request that you compose yourself, my love, as you are in the company of an accomplished flyer," I soothed his nerves by showing my stubborn side.

I could see his nose twitched and his eyes widen, startled by my words, "My dear, I adore the way you address me as 'my love'. If only I could hear those words from you every day,"

I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat at his words. I smiled at him warmly and replied, "I will gladly call you daring pet name, as long as you promise to never leave my side."

His smile grew wider, and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer. "How could I even do that? You're practically the air I'm breathing," he whispered in my ear.

I rolled my eyes playfully and teased, "Oh, you're quite the poet, Ominis,"

I found myself pondering whether all Slytherins were as charming as him. Despite their reputation for being cunning and calculating, he seemed to possess a genuine sincerity that set him apart from the rest.

I couldn't help myself and teased him as I leaned in towards his ears and whispered back, "But my love, if you ever betray me, I'll make sure to burn you alive," Making him swallowed from the thought of it.

He let out a chuckle and responded with a teasing smile, "Looks like I've finally brought out the true you."

I scoffed at him while He leaned in closer again, his cheek brushing against mine as he whispered, "You know well, you could never do that. Your confession from before stated so much that you couldn't live without me, so don't do anything strange, darling."

I blushed at his words, feeling a wave of affection wash over me. "Y-yes, sir," I replied softly, a smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

Eventually, I pulled away from his grasped, feeling slightly self-conscious with his possessiveness. I coughed lightly and remarked, "Now for the protection charm..."

I rummaged over my bag, there were many things hidden inside as Samantha had packed it before when we head over to rescued Ominis. There were chocolates, potions, my broomsticks, the tent, some potion ingredients and Ah— finally the green box.

I retrieved it and said, "Here it is, the keeper's wand," The wand was fairly long and it glow whenever I held on it, it seemed its distinct purpose is just constructing any physical elements of the ancient magic. Maybe, the shield are also one of its charm.

Curious, Ominis asked, "Another wand? What's this one for?"

I explained, "It was originally designed to open the hidden final repository, but Professor Weasley said it can also be used to cast a powerful protection charm."