To Cedric Diggory

They weaved their way back down through the castle, across the Entrance Hall and up the corridor towards the Hospital Wing. Dumbledore strode ahead of them, pushed open the doors and allowed Y/N and Hermione to lift Harry through the door, Sirius trotting in after them.

They were surprised to find the room alight with activity, however. Mrs Weasley, Bill, Ron, and Ginny were grouped around a harassed looking Madam Pomfrey. They appeared to be demanding to know where Harry, Y/N and Hermione were and what had happened to them.

All of them whipped around as the four of them, and the black dog entered, and Ron hurried over to help them carry Harry in, just as Mrs Weasley let out a kind of muffled scream.

'Harry! Oh Harry!'

She too started to hurry toward him, but Dumbledore moved between them.

'Molly,' he said, holding up a hand, 'please listen to me for a moment. Harry has been through a terrible ordeal tonight, as has Y/N. Both of them have just had to relive it for me. What they need now is sleep, and peace, and quiet. If he would like you all to stay with them,' he added, looking around at Ron, Ginny, and Bill too, 'you may do so. But I do not want you questioning them until they are ready to answer, and certainly not this evening.'

Mrs. Weasley nodded. She was very white. She rounded on Ron, Ginny, and Bill as though they were being noisy, and hissed.

'Did you hear? They needs quiet!'

'Headmaster,' said Madam Pomfrey, staring at the great black dog that was Sirius, 'may I ask what-?'

'This dog will be remaining with Harry for a while,' said Dumbledore simply. 'I assure you; he is extremely well trained. I will wait while you both get into bed.' He added to Y/N and Harry 'I will be back to see you as soon as I have met with Fudge. I would like you to remain here tomorrow until I have spoken to the school.' He left.

Y/N allowed Ron and Madam Pomfrey to take Harry as he limped over towards the bed next to him.

The adrenaline hadn't left his body from the moment it had begun, staring down Mad-Eye Moody outside the maze. Y/N was grateful for that. It had definitely allowed him to stay calm during the graveyard fight. But now it flooded out of him as he leant up against the bed, to the point where he swayed dangerously.

He felt two pairs of hands grab him as Hermione and Ginny supported him onto the bed, where he landed with a dull thud before glancing down at himself.

If his face reflected his robes, he was a mess. The parts that weren't torn were covered in muck, dirt and even the odd patch of dried blood. Several rips had cut clean through the fabric. The red star was missing, he didn't know where that had gone. And some of the rips had travelled through into cuts on the skin. Nothing dangerous or life threatening, but certainly not a pretty picture.

'God, I look terrible,' said Y/N hoarsely.

'You're telling me that?' said Hermione. 'I've seen you since the moment you got back.'

'Yeah... well, at least I'm here. Gave Lucius Malfoy a good thrashing as well.'

Y/N watched as Madam Pomfrey led Harry to the bed next to him, and then, out of the corner of his eye, spotted the real Moody lying motionless in a bed at the far end of the room. His wooden leg and magical eye were lying on the bedside table.

Harry had noticed too.

'Is he okay?' Harry asked.

'He'll be fine,' said Madam Pomfrey, giving Harry some pyjamas and pulling screens around him. She did the same with Y/N and Ginny slipped out as the curtains closed. Hermione however, helped Y/N remove his robes and shirt and pull on the top.