Love

The Violet or Star Sapphire Lantern Corps is a bit of a tumultuous one, but it is still a well-crafted and interesting bit of the DC Universe. The Star Sapphire Corps first began with the Zamarons, a race of Oans who migrated to the planet Zamaron and found a parasitic crystal that took the shape of several Star Sapphires. These gems allowed their female wielders who had loved and been spurned to access the violet light and take their revenge. Eventually, the females realized that the violet light's power was too great for them to control, so they fashioned the Star Sapphires into the Violet Central Power Battery and several Violet Lantern Rings. These Violet Rings are fueled primarily by the power of love, but they are just as susceptible to the power of rage.

After the creation of the Violet Power Battery, several Violet Rings were sent out to find females across the universe who had also been loved and spurned, or those who had lost loved ones, and convince them to join the Star Sapphires and give love to fight against hatred and fear. While this has been a very successful recruitment method, another method is for a member of the Corps to seek out worthy candidates themselves. Following the defeat of the Sinestro Lantern Corps, the Star Sapphires captured several female Yellow Lanterns and attempted to convert them. This was an extremely unsuccessful campaign which only managed to score a single member: Fatality.

While it is not expressly stated that one must embody love in order to wield a Violet Lantern, the way that the other Corps work heavily imply that. Even the Indigo Tribe of Compassion, which I talked about as being unique in terms of recruitment, also inducts members who embody their primary emotion. This is why I am choosing the representative of the Star Sapphire Corps to be: Yang Xiao Long.

I believe that Yang embodies the emotion of love better than perhaps anyone else in the entire series

I believe that Yang embodies the emotion of love better than perhaps anyone else in the entire series. She loves her sister, Ruby, enough to continue following her into danger even after the loss of her arm. She loves her step-mother, Summer Rose, enough to become a Huntress in the first place and fight against the very creatures that potentially killed Summer. It can even be debated that she still loved her mother, Raven, enough to search for her after she had left. She nearly gets herself and Ruby killed on a mission to find her when they were young children, but even that isn't enough to dissuade her as she continues her search over a decade later. Yes, it does not seem that Yang cares for Raven when she eventually does find her in Volume 5, but that is because she is too focused on getting to Mistral to find Ruby. In the Vault under Haven Academy, Yang and Raven have a heart-to-heart that reveals just how much Yang learned from Raven about strength. Yang isn't strong because she can beat someone else in a fight. Instead, she draws strength from the loved ones she has sworn to protect.

If you disagree with the theory that Yang still loves Raven, as it is revealed in Volume 8 that Yang considers Summer to be her true mother, then her connection to Raven still works. Raven would count as someone Yang used to love who has now scorned her, which is the criterion for joining the Star Sapphire Corps.

Yang is also the first member of Team RWBY to form an overtly romantic relationship, falling in love with her fellow teammate Blake Belladonna. The two have sworn to protect each other and have grown to care for each other greatly, showcasing time and time again how much the other means to them.

Now, many people have simply dumped Yang into the Red Lantern Corps of Rage because "she's angry and her Semblance activates when she gets angry", but there's more to it than that. There are three primary reasons pre-Volume 5 that Yang activates her Semblance. The first is when someone cuts her hair, the second is when she takes too much damage in a fight, and the third is when someone she loves is hurt. In order to showcase Adam's raw power, the showrunners had Yang react to him stabbing Blake by activating her Semblance and dashing toward him, allowing him to slice her arm off. While this is an impressive display of power on its own, think of the circumstances. Yang just watched her best friend and potential first love being severely injured and threatened. I would argue that Yang in this instance is boosting her Semblance up to maximum power in order to protect her. While Adam is still able to cut through her, it would still show just how far Yang is willing to go to protect the people she loves. Also, keep in mind that Star Sapphire Rings are not only powered by love, but they can also be powered by rage.

For all of these reasons, I can think of no one better in the world of Remnant to wield the Violet Light than Yang Xiao Long.