4

Finely Floyd-

I took a breath as I stood by the door, the bell dinging behind me as I walked to the counter, my eyes dropping to all the candy and different items that were placed in front of the counter.

I took a breath, putting all my weight on my left leg as I removed my right crutch from underneath my armpit, leaning it against the counter.

Pain immediately flooded my body as I stood on my left leg, my left crutch struggling to hold me up.

I leaned down, grabbing a random pack of gum with my right hand before placing it on the counter.

The guy stared at me as I dug through my pocket, pulling out a crinkled 5 dollar bill.

The worker guy stared at me, standing awkwardly before grabbing the pack of gum, just holding it.

" Are you gonna ring it up or not? " I adjusted my stance as I spoke.

" You're my mate... You? 6 fucking years and I meet you at a fucking gas station " I looked out of the corner of my eye, seeing a figure standing by the door.

I turn my head to fully look at him, my eyes catching on a pale skinned boy with black hair.

He groaned, his hand running through his fluffy hair as he placed his other on his hip.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I processed his words.

He stood a few feet away, staring at me as I stood in line at the cash register, confusing the worker who was getting my change out of the register and myself.

" What the fuck are you on about? " I looked at the male before grabbing my change from the workers hand.
" Fucking weirdo " I grumbled.

A headache started to form as I put my change in my pocket.

The worker stared at me, his eyes darting down to a plastic container on the counter that read 'Tips' with a weird looking smily face.

I rolled my eyes in response, putting the pack of gum in my mouth once he handed it back to me.

The worker groaned in disgust as he sat back down in his chair.

I sighed as I grabbed my right crutch, walking to the door before turning back to look at the worker, sticking my tongue out. 

I laughed when he crinkled his nose, looking at me with a dumbfound expression.

I turned my head back so I was no longer looking at the worker, pushing past the black haired boy that had been standing by the door.

I pressed my back against the glass door, pushing it open so I would no longer have to be in this shitty store.

The pale boy turned around, his eyes wide as he started to walk to me.

I sighed when his eyes looked me up and down, past insecurities creeping back into my mind.

I held the door open with my back, getting ready to leave and let the door shut, but something about the pale skinned boy made me stay in my spot longer than necessary.

" Wait " he spoke

" uh, I'm busy " I spoke, eventually stepping away from the door, letting it shut as I started to walk to the car.

" Can you wait a moment? " The guy grumbled, obviously annoyed as he grabbed my shoulder to stop me, quickly walking around me so he could stop me from walking away from him.

He stood in front of me, making it possible for me to examine him.

He was taller than me by a inch or so and possessed black hair that fell over his forehead, it was long and would probably be curly if he took care of it.

He had bright blue eyes and sharp features. I'm guessing he's sort of muscular but I can't really tell from the thick hoodie he was wearing.

He stared at me, obviously examining me like I had been doing to him.

He looked like he had been judging me, like I didn't know that since I got hurt- I haven't been able to exercise. Like I don't know that I'm not really muscular anymore. Like I don't know that my stomach is bigger than it was before.

A stranger doesn't need to tell me things I already know.

As soon as I was going to ask him to get out of my way, a smile suddenly appeared on his face.

It wasn't a smirk, it was a smile and that confused me.

Did he have a habit of stopping others and smiling at them?

" Look-Fuck " I steadied myself before reaching up and rubbing my temple, trying to make my headache go away. It was like multiple needles poking at me at once.

I looked behind him when I saw movement in the corner of my eye, groaning when I saw my mother walking up to us.

" Finely, c'mon baby. We're going to miss the movie " she spoke, her accent thick and her tone almost disappointed.

" Who's this? " The male in front of me asked, looking between us.

" None of your business " I sigh

" Finely, Don't be rude " She scolded me.

" I'm sorry, mama. We can go soon, ok mama? " I avoided the male's gaze, looking towards her.

" Apresúrate (Hurry up) " She eventually nodded, furrowing her eyebrows as she looked at me, getting ready to go but instead, she stopped in her spot and looked the pale boy up and down " Who's this? " She turned back to me.

" Nobody, Mama. Go back to the car, ok? " she narrowed her eyebrows before walking back to the car.

" I have to go, please move "

" Look- Can you meet me here, tonight? " I looked at him like he was the stupidest man on earth.

Maybe he's on something?

" I don't know you " I stated " and I can't exactly drive right now so I'm going to have to decline " I tried to explain.

" Can I pick you up then? Wherever you want "

I was about to answer but somebody beat me to it.

" Finely! " My mama yelled out the car window.

" I'm not gay- " I say, trying to hurry up this conversation.

" As friends " he added, smiling.

" Will it make you move? " I let my head hang for a second, eventually looking up when he didn't speak.

" Yes " he grinned, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

" Fine. 234 Green Street " I looked away, frowning when my mom looked at me with anger clear on her face as she looked out the window. " Now, please move " 

To my surprise, he actually did.

" I'll pick you up at 7:00! " he yelled as I walked to the car, eventually getting in and driving away to the movie theater.

My headache fading as we got further and further away.