15~Family Moments

Start from the beginning

"Umm nothing, I don't...," he was cut in between. "Raavan Kumar," Ishita said avoiding eye contact with almost everyone and sat down, Raman gasped and Ishan laughed. "Cool name amma, so your name is Raavan appa, should I change amma's name too? Was there any nickname for her as well?" he asked and Raman signed him placing a finger on his lips, Ishan did the same and blinked agreeing to him. "Hmm, actually, you can tell, when I told then you don't need to stop," Ishita said and made eye contact with him for the first time that day.

He hesitated but then looked at Ishan who's curious face gave him some courage and he said it finally. "Jhansi ki rani, I used to call her that, and I even used to call her mother India," he said and Ishita choked on her food and drank water. Not that it hurt her, but it gave her the same butterflies in her stomach, she wanted to smile at him, but hesitated. "Are you okay Ishi maa?" Ruhi asked and Ishita nodded. "What am I saying that, we would talk later, right Ishan? Talking while eating won't happen now," Raman said.

"Amma wasn’t talking while eating, you were, but then why did she choke?" he asked. "I am fine baby, listen to what is appa saying, hmm?" Ishita said and he nodded, she smiled at him and he smiled back and continued to eat.

Later that day, Ishita stood before Mr and Mrs Bhalla's photos that had garlands and lit candles before them. Her eyes got tears, she got the most loving in laws, she shouldn't have left them for Raman. She folded her hands before them and a tear rolled down her cheek. "Sorry, that I couldn't say goodbyes, that you can't feel the happiness of being grandparents once again," she said and sobbed.

Ishan came there while finding her and hugged her, she looked down at him and hugged him back. He released the hug and looked up at her and saw her eyes somewhere else, he followed her gaze and saw the garlanded photos. "Amma, they are appa's parents, right? My paternal grandparents?" he asked and she nodded. He folded his hands before them. "Dada ji, dadi ji, I never met you both, but I know you were angry at appa for whatever he did to amma, but please forgive him, appa isn’t a bad person at all, he has changed, sorry from his side, please forgive my appa?" he said, Ishita smiled sadly.

Raman who was standing at the entrance, heard him and looked down with tears in his eyes. He entered there and sat on his knees before Mr Bhalla and Toshi's photo. "I brought her back, but sadly you both aren't here to witness it, to witness my happiness, to share the moments with us, sorry, my mistakes killed you both, Ishita went because of me and you both forgot how to live, so sorry," he said while crying.

Ishan looked at Raman and then at Ishita. The little boy couldn't see his parents tears yet he couldn't do anything to stop them. He lifted his little hand to wipe off Raman's tears, Raman pulled him in a hug and Ishan hugged him back, Ishita looked on. "Appa, dada ji and dadi jee are in a world where there's no sorrow, sadness or tears, amma says that whoever dies goes to God, God has created such a world above the sky for the dead people where they live after dying, they forget all their pain over there, they must have forgiven you now that amma is back, I can't see you cry, even they won't be able to, so its better to remember them with a smile rather than with tears, else they would also be sad," Ishan said.

Raman broke the hug and smiled at him and ruffled his hair. "So much maturity at such a small age? You're totally my opposite, I would surely remember them with happiness," he said and wiped his tears. Ishan turned to Ishita. "Amma, I can't see you cry as well, if you were so precious to them, you are precious to me also, even to appa, but if you cry like this, then even I would cry, which I seriously don't like to. I never insist you on something, but now I will, amma don't cry please, I love you a lot," he said and Ishita went on her knees giving him a bone crushing hug. "Even I love you a lot, but sorry Ishan, when you were born, they were there in this world, I had left already, no one besides your Mihika mausi, Romi mausa and appa knew about you, I was the one to forbid them from telling," Ishita said.