But food happens and my stomach wants to get down to business.

"I like a girl who can eat," Fred says as he watches me devour a plate of steak and chips, his expression impressive. "You wouldn't believe how many girls at the Gryffindor table nibble on half a lettuce leaf and then claim they're full."

"As I said," I say as I wipe my plate clean with a heavily buttered bread roll. "You can thank my aunt and uncle for that. Fuck, I need something sweet to wash this down."

Luckily, a big bowl of ice cream appears before me the second I lay my cutlery down on my empty plate.

I can barely move once I'm done, but I don't say no when Fred asks if I want to dance. Anything to get close to him again.

Luckily we no longer have to waltz, we are free to dance how we like - with no one else judging as they are too busy focused on their own dance moves to care.

We join the dancefloor as everyone is jumping and fist pumping to a tune that shakes the castle. Straight away, Fred and I become part of it, laughing and dancing our hearts out.

And then, a few tunes later, the atmosphere changes as the mood of the music slows down and softens. The crowd breaks into couples, arms entwining around gently swaying bodies.

Breathing heavily from our energetic dancing, I look at Fred and he looks at me. He smiles, spreading out his arms, inviting me into them.

I do not hesitate, my heart racing as he wraps them around me, pulling me to him. Immediately, we begin to sway, our eyes only for each other.

"You really are beautiful, Harri," Fred murmurs in my ear, his voice slightly hoarse from all the shouting and laughing. "Thank you for being so desperate to ask me."

"Begged you, you mean?" I laugh, looking up into his handsome face. "Well, I'm glad that you offered to go with me. I got lucky."

"You sure did," he says with a glint in his eye, his lips pulling into a smirk. "We both did."

And then he lets go of me to brush my hair from my face and my heart is racing so fast that I am sure it will burst out of my chest. Then words fall from his lips which take all the breath out of me.

"I'd like to kiss you."

I scarcely believe what I'm hearing, because I wanted to hear those words so much, but now I'm massively afraid I'll cock up.

The tip of my tongue darts across my lips as I find myself gazing at his mouth. I try to say something but my voice won't work even though I want to just scream 'Yes!'.

"Can I?" He prompts, and then his fingers cup my neck and his thumb sweeps over my lips, making me shudder at his touch. "I'd like to taste you."

Speechless, I nod. A flash in his eyes, and then without hesitation he leans in and kisses me.

His lips taste like honey, closing sweetly over mine. I close my eyes as a feeling of pure bliss comes over me, sending shivers through my nerves which makes my body tremble.

My fists knot in his shirt, pulling him harder against me. He groans softly, low in his throat, and he removes his hand from my neck to wrap his arms around me, gathering me against him.

I'm not sure whose lips pulls apart whose, but suddenly it's as though we are eating one another, and boy am I hungry for him. And when he groans again, this time it vibrates down my tongue, and I moan into his mouth which seems to make him go wild.

His grip on me tightens, and it's as though he is trying to physically pull me into his body. This powerful need to be as close to one another as possible is overwhelming and I wonder if it'll ever go away.