First day of school.

Hi everyone, thanks for choosing to read my story, hope you find it interesting. I'm not very good at writing so if there are any logical or grammatical errors, I'd be glad to get some feedback from you. Thanks again!

I partially opened my eyes. Everything was bright and blurry. It took some minutes for my eyes to adjust to the light.

My back felt stiff and painful. 'What have I been sleeping in a bed made of nails?' I groaned and caressed my back. The alarm clock kept ringing like crazy in the background while I blissfully ignored it and sat straight in my bed.

This may have been the first time I slept for more than four hours uninterrupted. I felt so peaceful and joyous.

The curtains were closed but light still managed to find its way from the gaps. I could hear the birds cheerfully singing their tune in the bright morning. I inhaled deeply to let the morning air inside. There are only a few days these joyous days occur. I couldn't help but enjoy the moment.

'Ow, my head stings!' Well, that moment got ruined.

Weird memories gushed in from yesterday. But none of them actually happened. And yet those same dreams keep repeating again, and again and again.

My face was red from the heat and was covered in sweat.

'Why is my face so hot?' I swept the excessive sweat from my forehead.

'Lexi, honey, are you coming down, or shall I tell your sister to leave?' my mother called from downstairs.

'I'm coming, Mom.' I sighed and sprung out of bed.

Somehow, I had a very weird feeling about today.

No, not a bad feeling, that isn't good to feel on the first day of school, but more like this emptiness deep down conveying something that I should be aware of.

Something that I should remember.

But after having experienced these feelings for quite a long time, I'm going to do the opposite and forget that my monsters don't exist.

I didn't even shower, just pulled on my clothes, a nice pair of shirt and jeans, and put on a messy ponytail before rushing down for breakfast.

'I'm hungry!' I groaned.

Mom looked at me and sighed.

'We already had breakfast, dear, it was at half past seven, and now it's quarter past eight. You're late for school already.'

'What? No breakfast? I'm already late as it is, can't you make toast or something?' I snapped.

'Sorry darling, but I have to go to work, put yourself butter and bread.' she smiled.

'Ugh fine.' I groaned. I spread butter and jam in untoasted bread(seriously, what a morning!) and chewed it warily. Can't let this moment go to waste.

'Hey, are you coming or what? Don't blame me if I leave without you.' my sister yelled from outside.

'Jwust a minwut.' I muffled while stuffing my face with bread.

'Can't you possibly wake up early?' she groaned.

'I'm sorry, I just have trouble sleeping at night.' I answered whilst chewing.

'Ugh, you're getting your, saliva on your face. That's like, the worst start to the day.' she pushed me away.

'Shwut up.' I rolled my eyes.

'Honey.' my mom called softly.

'Yes?'