epilogue

"I know you were way too bright for me
I'm hopeless, broken, so you wait for me in the sky"

Golden - Harry Styles

-

The next season was one of Max's favourite seasons ever, even though he didn't have a seat. He was itching to race, but it was surprisingly fun to watch everything from behind the scenes as well.

Mick did a great job in Red Bull and there had been talks of him getting a seat in AlphaTauri for 2025. Max enjoyed seeing Mick who he had known since he was a kid, finally show up with good results.

Daniel's decision to drive for Haas turned out to be a good one. He gave the team their first-ever win in a race and they also ended up getting 4th in the constructor's championship, making it the best result for Haas ever.

Max was often seen in the Haas paddock and Daniel was often seen in the Red Bull paddock. They hated being away from each other. The entire grid and the team principals supported them. Neither of them had lost any sponsors. They had gotten a little bit of hate, but so much love as well.

After the press conference after the last race of the season, Max and Daniel walked together hand in hand. Daniel looked at Max with what Max saw as a strange look.

"You know Max? I'm so proud of you."

"Yea? For what?"

"For everything. You've achieved much more than me this year. I've never seen you shine like you do now."

"It's because of you," Max said and kissed Daniel.

Another driver they recognized from Formula 3 approached them.

"Hey, I just wanted to let you know how much both of you inspire me. I haven't told anyone, but I'm gay too and seeing you two be so open about it, it gives me hope. Thank you, it means a lot to me," he said.

"Really? Thank you so much. There's nothing that brings me more happiness than that," Daniel said.

As the driver walked away with a smile on his face, Max wiped his eyes.

"Are you crying?" Daniel looked at Max.

"Pffft, nooo." Max tried.

Daniel laughed. "Have you gone soft, Verstappen?"

"Ha ha."

"You are just the cutest."