Chapter 80: Kibou no Hīrou

Comenzar desde el principio

Kazuma: Wait…! This quirk belongs to Gentle-

AfO: I saw a few quirk that could come in handy at Tartarus, so I took them, the man whom I took this quirk from seemed to be a mere fly as I squashed him between the ground and the wall.

Kazuma grits his teeth and tries to run again.

Bakugo: Wait! Kazu-

But he was too late. The moment Kazuma put his foot ahead to start sprinting, the elastic ground bounces them in the air. Before any of them could react, two huge air canons hit them as they are thrown away into the debris. AfO once again uses Gentle’s quirk and starts to crush the two boys under the elastic disc he made out of thin air and the ground.

Kazuma somehow manages to get one of his hands on Bakugo’s shoulder as he uses Shadow Travel to quickly merge into the shadows and pop up in a different place with Bakugo.

Kazuma: Oi, you okay?

Bakugo again clicks his tongue.

Kazuma: So, got a plan of attack?

Bakugo: I have a plan. Attack.

He uses his quirk to propel himself towards AfO, dodging the rivets sent towards him, and fires another explosion at AfO, but once again, the villain does not budge, but grabs Bakugo by his head.

AfO: Your quirk is quite good.

Kazuma instantly teleports behind AfO, grabs Bakugo out of the villain’s grip and jumps back with only one thing on his mind.

Kazuma: We can’t keep this up…!

Kazuma puts Bakugo down, panting, as he looks on the ground, thinking.

PLAY THEME

Suddenly his eyes widen as if he finally thought of something.

He looks up at Bakugo with a look that the latter was unable to read.

Bakugo: What? You got a plan up your ass or something?

Kazuma keeps staring at Bakugo in the same manner.

Bakugo: Oi! What’s with that look?!

Kazuma: Katsuki…!

This takes the blonde boy by surprise, since Kazuma ever called him by his first name, he either called him by a nickname, or Bakugo. But never Katsuki.

Kazuma: Katsuki. Go. Bring reinforcements. As many as you can!

Bakugo: What the hell are you saying you bastard?!

Kazuma: Listen to me! Izuku does not have One for All within him anymore. Our last hope of winning now, is quantity over quality! You have to go! I'll buy you some time!

Bakugo: What the hell are you talking about?! I'm not going to leave you-

He stops in between and changes his words.

Bakugo: I'm not going to leave these villains when they're right in front of me!

Kazuma snickers.

Kazuma: You really thought I didn’t take you acting like a complete tsundere into account, you idiot?

Kazuma puts his hand on the ground, Bakugo’s eyes widen as he realizes what the white haired boy was trying to do. He tries to use his quirk to propel himself upwards, but tendrils were stuck to his hands and his palms were covered in shadows in such a way that he was unable to release even the smallest explosion. He suddenly starts sinking into the ground. Into his shadow to be precise.

Kazuma: Shadow Travel... Engage.

Bakugo gets merged into his shadow and gets teleported away.

Kazuma turns on his comms.

Kazuma: *on comms* Bakugo. You. Are stronger than me. I acknowledge that. Even though Izuku had the most versatile quirk among us three, you were the one I always tried to beat. In my head, you were the pinnacle. The symbol of victory. So don’t you dare lose, you bastard…!

Kazuma gets up on his feet and smirks.

Kazuma: Hero of Hope? Let’s put that to a test, shall we?

He picks up the cloak that was detached from his collar and puts it back on.

Kazuma: *on comms* This is a goodbye to you all… Ma, Toru, Izuku, Katsuki, Ochaco, Eri, Aoi… and yes even you…

Miyuki…

We see a silhouette of Ryomen Kazuma standing in his hero costume, his cloak flailing proudly, as the silhouette fades into Kazuma wearing his father’s cloak and taking what could very well be his last stand against villains.

---

Kazuma looks back to see the white light in front of the red and black balls, almost as if it was facing against the two. Alone.

---

-end theme-