Chapter 57: Preparations

Some voices can be heard from Class 1A dorms, as the students were discussing their ideas and views about a live performance, which was their pick for the festival.

Iida: The festival is merely a month away! We don’t have much time, we should decide on everything already!

Toru: But for a live performance, we need a song. What are we gonna do about that?

Ashido: Hey, Kazuma likes songs a lot. He basically carries an MP3 player with him all the time, did he have any idea for a song?

Toru: *sweatdrop* Well, although you’re right, Kage-kun doesn’t exactly lisen to songs suitable for a live performance.

She then remembers the time when she took a peek in his playlist, only to find almost 90% of it filled with anime OSTs and soundtracks.

Ashido: True, also, the song we choose, should be something we can dance to as well.

Jiro: If I put together everyone’s opinions, then we’re looking at a four-on-the-floor new rave type of club rock song. For dance music, we should really be playing EDM, but you guys want to play instruments, right?

She looks up to see everyone staring at her with a blank face, not knowing a single word the girl just said.

Jiro: Has anyone played an instrument before?

Utter silence.

Jiro: Right… First things first, the drums is the backbone of the band, but I’ mainly play the guitar, so honestly, I’m still learning the drums. Speaking of which, Toru.

Toru: Yeah?

Kazuma: You and Kazuma have gone out a couple of times and have been together for a while, do you know of any instrument he plays and is good at?

Toru: Oh, yeah. He’s amazing with a guitar. This one time, me and him went to a food date, and on the way, we came across one of those street performers. Kazuma volunteered to play along with him, and when he started singing, he was so dreamy, that you could just stare at him singing the whole time, and months will pass, and, and, hehe, hehehehehehe…

The students soon realized that Toru was starting to daydream about Kazuma, once again. Ashido sighs as she takes Toru and helps her wipe the drool off of her invisible face and sit on the couch.

Kaminari: Oh right, Bakugo, you took music lessons as a kid, right?

Ashido: Really? That’s surprising!

Sero: Bakugo, try playing the drums.

Bakugo: Huh?! Like hell will I do that!

Sero: *taunting* I hear it’s pretty hard…

And just like that, Boom Boom Boi gets on the drums and gives them a demonstration.

Bakugo: Well?!

Jiro: W-Wow!

Kaminari: Bakugo’s on the drums! It’s decided then!

Bakugo: Piss off! I’m not doing anything that stupid!

Bakugo gets up to go to his room, but Jiro stops him.

Jiro: Bakugo please! I mean, if you do it, it’ll definitely turn out good!

Bakugo: *irritated* There’s no way it’ll turn out good! It’s that, right? Some empty promise to let the students from other courses to blow off some steam? For the cause of that stress to do that, if it’s not self-satisfaction, then what is? There’s no way they’d take that quietly from the people they’re mad at!