daddy dearest

daddy dearest: lukes return to the island causes an uproar
———
after reading so many fan theories, i couldn't resist making an imagine based off of them.
———
please enjoy my lovelies <3
———

The afternoon sun was creeping through the blinds of the hospital room. My body laid lazily in the bed, too tired to move, but too restless not to.

"Can we go home yet?" I asked my husband, who was sitting on the chair next to my bed. His hand intertwined with mine, they both laid comfortable on my torso, "It's a broken rib, I'm fine."

"Why didn't you just wait for me to get home?" He leaned forward and asked, not in an angry way, more like concern that I had gotten hurt. I rolled my eyes since we had been over this several times.

"I told you. You were at work and I was impatient. The gutters needed to be cleaned," I explained, "I can climb a ladder, JJ."

"Obviously not." He joked and gestures to the hospital we were currently in, "Promise me next time you'll let me do it?"

I groaned, "Is this a masculinity thing or 'cause you love me?" I grinned at him and now it was his turn to roll his eyes. He stood up and hovered over me, placing a gentle kiss to my forehead.

"Looks like you're all set, Mrs. Maybank. We have your prescriptions waiting at the pharmacy," The nurse came in with a clipboard and handed it to me, "We gave you basic over the counter acetaminophen and a narcotic if the pain gets worse. No drinking or driving on the narcotic. Lots of rest and liquids, make sure to keep yourself hydrated." She explained everything we needed to know while I scribbled my signature onto the discharge papers.

"Thanks, doc," JJ thanked her and handed her the clipboard when he saw I was struggling to lift my arm. The pain wasn't horrible right now, just an uncomfortable, pressure type of pain, probably because I'm loaded up with painkillers, "You ready?"

"I hope you feel better soon," The nurse gave me a smile before leaving the room.

"Get me out of this damn gown, I look ridiculous," I pointed to my clothes and he brought them over to me, "Last time I climb a damn ladder," I mumbled to myself while swinging my legs over the side of the bed. Being my normal, stubborn self, I was trying my best to shrug off the pain and act like I was completely fine. It was more embarrassing having to tell the pogues what happened than actually falling off the ladder itself.

>>>

"Home sweet home," JJ said as he opened the door of his truck. I was only gone a few nights, but seeing home was like heaven on earth. I couldn't wait to crawl into bed and have JJ give me the princess treatment, "Careful," He reminded and assisted me in getting out of the vehicle.

"Hello, lovebirds!" An unpleasant, but familiar, voice chimed. JJ slammed the truck door shut and we both looked to see his father sitting on the porch swing of our home.

"Dad!?"

"Luke!?" We exclaimed at the same time. The use of a higher octave made my chest hurt and I winced in slight pain, "Get me inside and get him the hell off our porch," I said quietly to JJ.

"Pleasure to see you guys, too." Luke said as we walked up the steps slowly. He reached to help me but I swatted his hand away.

"Don't fucking touch me," I spat while making tense eye contact. Once we were inside I told JJ to help me to the couch, which he did, "I need something for pain."

"Which one do you want?" He held the prescription bags up and read them both, "Acetamina—acetam—" He paused, giving up on trying to read the medicine, "Do you want the weak stuff or the strong shit?" I stifled a laugh since I knew it would only cause pain and pointed to the bag with the narcotic in it.