soccer

Before reading this please know I know nothing about sports so I'm going to do my best
———
soccer: Y/n and JJ play soccer for Kildare High School. After the boys win their game they stay to watch the girls. When Y/n gets hurt JJ becomes over-protective
———
this was posted on one of my favorite peoples message board. i asked if i could write it and they said yes, thank you<3
———

"Winners of tonight's game, Kildare High School!" The stands went wild as the girls team sat together. Most of us were wearing our boyfriends matching jerseys over ours to show support, it was something we did for every game.

"JJ is waiting for you." My classmate nudged my shoulder and pointed to the bottom of the bleachers. There JJ stood, pointing at me with a big smile on his face. As I ran down the bleachers he opened his arms and I jumped into them, my legs wrapping securely around his waist.

"You did amazing!" I congratulated him as I kissed his cheek. His arms held on tighter as I leaned back to look at him, both of our cheeks flushing red as our classmates made comments about us being adorable from behind.

"You're about to do even better, your game is starting soon." He returned the kiss and planted his lips onto my cheek. His hand patted my thigh and I jumped down then slipped his oversized jersey off of me so I could rep my own number and name.

"Wish me luck!" I called out as I backed away from him. We did our tradition of holding our hands in the air in the shape of a heart and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"You don't need it! Kick ass, babe!" JJ exclaimed. The coach quickly scolded him for swearing and I ran off with a laugh leaving my chest.

With the girls team now huddled together we went over our plays one last time.

"Run 'Bird' after kick-off." I told the girls. Yes, 'Bird' was a play dedicated to one of my best friends, John B. He came up with it one night and ever since we started running it we've always scored a goal.

I was a midfielder, so I was used to having the ball and playing offense towards the other team. For the play I stayed left and ran the field, juke once to right field, then the ball would come back to me last second and I'd score the goal.

"Remember ladies," Our coach joined the huddle, "The only failure is not trying, play hard or go home." She was definitely a 'tough love' type of coach but she loved us like no other, she pushed us to be the best players we could be.

"Everybody ready?" My friend asked and we shook our heads, "Y/n, lead our chant." I smiled and the huddle quickly broke. As we ran to the field I stayed closer to the bleachers to hype up our school section.

"What time is it!?" I shouted.

"Game time!" The schools voices mixed together but JJ always made sure he was the loudest during the chant. He claims it's because he's my biggest supporter, which was the sweetest thing ever.

"I can't hear you!" I held my hand to my ear in order to get them louder.

"Game time!" The second shout is always, by far, louder than the first. Before I ran out to my position I met JJ's gaze and waved at him, he returned it with a smile on his face.

As I made my way to left field I gave each teammate I passed a high-five, also something we did before every game. One of the referees made their way to center field as the captains of both teams followed. I couldn't hear them so I wasn't sure what the opposing team called for the coin flip. Since we were on their field, they called heads or tails.

When I saw our captain grab the ball I knew we won the coin toss and when she made her way back for kick-off I readied my feet.

Every time the game began my mind was always a blur, my main focus being to get the ball, follow the play, and score a goal. So before I knew it I was bolting across the field, stealing the ball, and dribbling it between my feet.