fire

fire: jj saves you from the chateau fire
———
obviously spoiler alert, i also don't remember the dialogue from the show when the chateau burned down...i have horrible memory and it's late, sue me😂
———

"I'm heading to bed." I told the four that were in the living room. My brother and Sarah went off to his room to talk. JJ stood up from the couch and followed me down the hall like a lost puppy, "tucking me in or something?" I chuckled towards him as I laid down and pulled the comforter over my body.

"Just making sure you don't need anything," He smiled. Once I was laid down and was comfortable he hovered over me to placed a kiss onto my lips, letting his hover over mine briefly after, "I'm not that tired yet, but I'll be in here soon."

"That's fine," I assured him. I was used to JJ staying up a bit later than I did, some nights I was tired at eight o'clock and others we'd stay up late together, "Goodnight."

"I love you," He reminded and stood in the doorway awaiting my response.

"I love you, too." I replied. He flicked my light off and shut my door to go back to our friends and I closed my eyes. I can honestly say my bed is my favorite place. Rough day? Sleep. Bored? Sleep. When everything else fails in life? Sleep.

JJ knew I valued my sleep, which is why he never argued against a mid-day nap on the couch or laying with me when I was tired, even when he wasn't.

As I drifted to sleep I heard the murmurs of my friends goofing off in the living room and let darkness take over.

>>>>>

I woke up to the sudden urge to cough, like something was stuck in my throat. When I pushed myself out of bed I saw smoke coming through the bottom of the door and the screams of my friends yelling my name.

What the hell is going on?

Pushing myself out of bed quickly I touched the door, it was hot. I continued to cough as the smoke from under the door began to fill my room.

"Y/n!" The sound of someone banging on my window caught my attention and I spun around to see all the pogues freaking out, "Get this damn window open!" John B continued to yell.

"I'm trying!" JJ shouted back and tried lifting the window open. I rushed over to help, unlocking the window and doing my bed to push it open. It wasn't opening. No matter how much I tried it wouldn't budge, "Y/n!"

"JJ!" I panicked. The smoke was now filling my room even more and it began to get hot. I could hear the crackling of the fire right outside my bedroom door, "John B!" Tears swelled in my eyes as I looked at my brother through the glass.

"We're gonna get you out of there!" Kie promised and placed her hand onto the window. From the inside I put my hand where hers was.

"Here!" I heard Cleo yell and she handed JJ a decide sized rock that was next to the house.

"Move!" JJ pushed everyone away from my window as he held the rock in his hand, "Move to the side!" He waved his hand at me and I slipped to the side of the window, that way when the glass shattered I wouldn't get hurt.

Seconds later the rock came flying through my window and I don't think I've ever been so happy to hear glass shatter.

"Get her out!" Sarah yelled. I rushed around the corner and stood in front of the window, ready to throw myself out of it.

"C'mere." JJ held his arms out and assisted me with climbing out of my window and into his arms. When I was safety out of the chateau he pulled me away from the house and fell to the ground as his hold on me tightened, "I'm so glad you're safe." His voice was muffled a bit by my hair but I could hear the relief.

"Glad you didn't turn into a crispy chicken strip." My brother lightened the mood and ruffled my hair. I reached up and socked him in the gut with my fist and he fell to the ground, "Should've seen that coming." He groaned as he laid in the grass.

When JJ's grip finally loosened I was met with more hugs from everyone and different versions of 'I'm glad you're safe'.

"How'd the fire start?" I asked and they all shrugged. With the fire burning brighter than any bonfire we've had in the past we had no other choice than to sit near the tree and watch the flame take our home.

The fire was stealing much more than four walls.

Me, my brother, and the pogues have made so many memories here. Memories that can't be replaced. Pictures I've taken that I'd never see again. Books, drawings, the bracelet from our dad. It was all gone.

"Probably faulty wiring, this place is old." Pope suggested. I sighed and leaned my head onto JJ's shoulder. Next to me was Sarah, she slid her hand into mine as both of ours now rested on my lap. Kie was sitting behind me with her head resting on my back for comfort.

"Add this to the long list of times you've saved my life," I looked up at JJ and he smiled, the orange and yellow flames reflecting off his blue eyes.

"You owe me." He teased and turned his head to place a kiss to my temple.

After hours of watching the chateau burn to the ground we all got comfy and slept next to one another in the grass.

_____________

This was rushed as fuck but I'm pre-writing stuff to post this weekend while I'm busy! Chances are by the time you're seeing this it's been typed for a day or two :)