Chapter 2 First Blood

As the first escort fighter went down in a blaze of Death and fire. The rest of the Fighters sprung into action trying to chase them down. Trigger flew his jet away from the escorts, the rest of his squadron following close behind. He looked at the radar and smirked when he noticed the black angels getting farther and farther away from their escorts.

Trigger: just like we planned. -he thought to himself.

Trigger: Split up...

ViperSQ: Wilco.

And just like that Viper squadron split into separate directions, fragile and Stasis going left while Red Fox and Gambit went right. Swift had plunged downwards while Trigger began his ascent into the air. Trigger had a perfect view of his comrades and their engagements. Stasis had lured one away from the pack then began to turn hard left putting both him and his opponents in a circle trying to get a clear shot but that was his plan. Unfortunately for the pilot trailing behind The Russian, fragile had been lying in wait and now had the perfect firing position. Locked on to his prey Fragile let loose a missile that went straight for the cockpit of the Black Angel's jet.

The missile launched with incredible speed that there was no time to react and so the jet was turned into scrap metal. It began to plummet to the desert below. Trigger wasn't worried about it though he was more focused on the Jets that were right in front of him. One managed to get a lock onto him as evident by the sound of the computer saying " Missile lock warning". Trigger smiled and began to pull the throttle forward to make the jet go faster. This unfortunately meant that the lock on trigger's jet was made faster and within a second.

A missile was launched from its missile slot and flew straight for Trigger.

The war vet however had a trick up his sleeve and began to use the Vulcan Gatling gun, tearing the missile and the cockpit of the enemy fighter to shreds. Two explosions went off as a result forcing the pilot to tilt turn F-18 out of the way of the flaming wreck of mig-29.

Meanwhile, RedFox was chasing down an aircraft from behind and was waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike when the F-16's computer began to beep as it had missile lock on the enemy fighter.

RedFox: Fox-2! -he yelled while launching a missile from the jet.

The missile hit the engine of the jet causing the fullerene and the engine to ignite into a massive fireball taking the jet and the pilot with it. The jet exploded forcing Red Fox to turn left to evade the shrapnel and wreckage caused by the explosion. After evading the wreckage Red Fox went to go help Swift. As Swift currently had two on his tail.

Swift was weaving back and forth trying to make it harder for the black angels to maintain a lock on his F-16. It proved fruitless as a lock was established on his jet. The black angel pilot smirked as he had a lock on the young pilot. However before he could fire his comrade riding next to him exploded from a missile to the left wing, courtesy of Red Fox. The pilot panicked when Red Fox got a lock and tried to run away. This had left him open to Swift as he pulled his jet up and did a half flip, his jet now flying upside down.

With a perfect firing angle on the MiG-29.

Swift unleashed an AMRAAM from the left wing that struck the pilot straight in his chest turning the black angel and his jet into ashes. Swift completed the flip when the jet exploded then flew side by side with RedFox. They both pulled more power to the engine and then went to help their comrades.

One of the black angels was chasing Gambit and was very close to scoring a hit until he took a look at his radar in the cockpit and took a double take as one of the bombers he had been escorting had just sent back a "Signal Lost" message. He turned his head only to widen his eyes at the flaming wreckage of the bomber could be seen heading towards the ground at an alarming speed. He could also see other Jets taking out more bombers causing him to grit his teeth and use his radio.