The hospital wing

A/N: this chapter has both Regulus and James pov

——

Regulus pov:

I woke up In the hospital Wing. Beside me was Barty, Evan and James. As soon as i opened my eyes Barty threw himself on me.

"Welcome back baby black." He said and hugged me while fake crying.

"What happened?" I asked and sat up.

"You passed out in the bathroom, Potter found you all pale and passed out." Evan says

I look to my other side and meet James hazel eyes.

"Thank you." I say

He smiles back at me giving me a little nod.
The school nurse then walk over to ask, and tells the boys they have to leave.

"He will be able to go back in about and hour, I just need to do some quick checks to make sure he's good to go." She says as she pushes James, Barty and Evan out the room.

——

James pov:

Barty and Evan walks away from me not even saying goodbye. I know that they aren't my friends but still, rude.
I really hope Regulus is okay. Sirius told me he used to have panic attacks as a child, but this was way worse then I thought it would be.

I decide to wait for him. It's better to be sitting for an hour in-front of the hospital-wings closed door, than having to see Sirius and Remus being all cringy and cute together.

I wait exactly 1 hour, 7 minutes and 24 seconds before Regulus finally came out. He looked surprised to see me there.

——

Regulus pov:

"We're you waiting for me James?" I ask as him and I start going too the griffendor rooms again.

"I wanted to make sure that you were okay."

"I am thank you."

"It's ok if you don't want to answer, and you don't have to either but... why did you have a panic attack."

My brain freezes in that moment. I can't just tell him that I broke down in the bathroom after a talk with my brothers boyfriend about MY brother. That just sounded so weird and pathetic.

"I rather not talk about it." I say.

James nods and for the rest of the walk to the common room we are silent. It's not an awkward silence, and that makes me happy. It's always super awkward when there is silence between me and someone else, but right now it's feel's okay and natural.

When we Got to the griffendor common rooms again, i saw Barty winking me over from the other side of the hall. I looked up at James who gave me a little nod to tell that I could go over to him, without James wanting anything.

"We have to talk. Now." Barty said and dragged me down the stairs.
He first stopped dragging me when we were in an abandoned classroom.

"What's going on?" i asked.

"Regulus I know you are gonna be mad at me for this but as your friend please hear me out first." He says. I start to feel nervous.

"What is it."
Barty takes a deep breath before talking.

"Evan and I kissed."

"Oh ok"

"Regulus please. I know that you grew up in an homophonic household but please. It's just me and Barty. It doesn't change anything in our friendship that we got together i swear!"

"No no Barty it's uhm it's ok. Im just gonna have to live with it, and overcome the homophobia my parents have put into my brain."

"Thank you Regulus"

I just smile at him.

"Also you and Potter? What going on there?" He ask grinning a little to himself.

"Nothing!"

"Sure...."

——

James pov:

"I have an idea. Maybe you should just ask her out like any other normal and decent boy... you don't have to be so extra and extreme about it all the time." Remus says while reading a big book about trolls.

"No its Lily! She needs some just as amazing as her." I say

"James don't you think you are just gonna scare her away?" Peter says

"No how would anyone ever be able to resist me. Maybe I should do something with fireworks! Make them ask if she want to go to the winter ball with me."

"I'm sure that Lily I hate attention Evans would love that idea." Sirius says sarcastically.

"Fine then. I'll go find Regulus and ask him for advice then." I freeze. I haven't told them that me and Regulus is friends. Sirius would feel so betrayed and hurt if he found out and now he had.

"Why would you ask him? Your not his friend." Sirius say in a cold and confused voice.

"Actually..." I start but stop when I see the face Sirius has on. He's angry.

"Why the heck would you befriend him! You know how i feel about him. It's already hard enough having to share a room with him!"

"Sirius he's not as bad as you make him look, if you jus-"

"Just what James? Befriend him again after he chose our parents over me? The only person who cared for him and helped him through everything. I gave him my everything because he was my little brother, but when it was time to chose, he chose them."

James and Sirius look at each other. Silence. Remus and Peter both look shocked over what just happened. Then Sirius storms out the room and slams the door hard behind him. I look back at Remus and Peter. They both just stare back at me, and Peter give me the you just messed up look.

I walk out of the room to. I plan everything in my head. Im going to find Sirius and TALK with him. We are both mature men, and should be talking about this instead of yelling at each other.

I walk around and I can't seem to find him. I then bump into someone.

"Oh uhm hi James"

"Hi regulus"

I notice something is of.

"Are you ok you seem upset?"

"It's nothing. What about you? You don't seem that happy either."

I feel tears in my eyes. I don't let them run but I can feel them there. Apparently Regulus can see them too. I feel two cold arms wrap around me.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Yes please." I say and hug him back.