How people spoke to me, how they acted around me, even how they looked at me.

Peyton and Alexis were with me through it all.

They had been there for me since the beginning. They were there for me whenever I had been stressed or anxious over pack meetings and they were there when I had to talk in a room full of people.

They still are.

They are my best friends and some of the only people I trusted.

My dad had made it look so easy when he was Alpha. It wasn't.

He did everything perfectly, but me? No. I mess up. Time and Time again. Even after 6 years.

But I was supposed to be here... and I wasn't.

" When exactly did you make these plans? " I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

" Like two minutes before I came in. Get your ass up " he grinned.

I ran a hand through my hair, complementing my choices.

Work until Dawn.

Hang out With Peyton.

Work until Dawnnnnnnn.

Hang out with Peyton.

" C'mon. Please " he threw his head back. " It's one day. 2 hours at most. Let's just go to the bar down the road and hang out- "

" Peyton. I can't " I forced out

" 1 hour? "

Liam, just go out with your best friend for an hour. Alexis is more than capable of watching the pack. Elias spoke, pushing his way back into my thoughts.

" ...Did Alexis say she could watch the pack while we're gone? " I said quietly.

" Yea " he nodded, a grin plastered on his face.

" One drink " 

" One drink " he threw his arms up. Cheering in victory like he had won something.

Apparently 'tonight' meant now because he reached forward and grabbed my arm and is now dragging me out of the pack house.

The sunlight was almost blinding as he dragged me behind him, dropping my arm as we reached the car.

I didn't realize how many hours had passed since I had shut myself in my office.

It had been dark when I stepped foot into my office early this morning, It must've been the middle of the day now because the light was blinding.

" C'mon man. Get in " Peyton grinned, opening the driver side of the car.

I stood still for a minute, looking back at the pack house before opening the passenger side of the car.

We started driving, but not the way to the bar.

" Where- Where are we going? " I leaned forward, turning my head to look at Peyton.

" I need Gas " He looked at me for a second, shrugging softly as he continued driving.

" Getting gas is going to take longer, shithead! " I groan, throwing my head back against the seat.

" Calm down, Buddy " he laughed " It'll only take a second. It's like 5 minutes away from the pack house and we're already 2 minutes in "

" I can't be away from the pack for long- "

" The Bar and The Gas Station are less than 10 minutes apart from each other. Can I get Gas or do you wanna turn around? " He slowed the car down, stopping in the middle of the road before turning to me with a questionable look on his face.

The cars behind us were beeping and driving around us as Peyton looked at me- waiting for an answer.

The drivers and passengers of the cars drove around us- flipping us off and glaring at us angrily.

I tried to find the words to answer him, but my mind went blank.

Peyton raised a brow, waiting for an answer.

I took a deep breath, my eyes wide as Peyton looked at me completely unbothered, seemingly unaware of the yelling and the curse words that the cars that drove past shouted.

" Just- Drive! " I slouched in my seat before Peyton started to drive again.

I stared at the dashboard as he drove, eventually pulling into a shitty looking gas station.

" Hey. I'll get the gas. Can you go get me a pack of cigarettes? I'm out. " I didn't have time to answer his question before he got out.

I groaned, opening the door.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets as I walked into the store, a heavenly smell hitting my nose as soon as I stepped through the doorway.