Cuts and Cake (Kuroshitsuji fanfic) (Ciel x Sebastian)

Summary: Present day AU. Ciel Phantomhive, a boy with traumatic childhood and a dangerous habit is made to attend school by his aunt. On his first day a bored teenager called Sebastian Michaelis discovers his secret and is determined to have fun with it

Cuts and Cake

Chapter 1:

Early in the morning of a cold winter's day, Ciel Phantomhive alighted from his aunt's car and gulped at the imposing sight in front of him. Beyond the metal gates in front of him was his local secondary school which was cobbled together from new and old buildings. The reason he found such a normal sight so intimidating was that it was his first ever day of school.

School meant that he would just be one small person in a mass of students and even more terrifyingly he would have to interact with other people his age which was something that he detested greatly due to the fact that he had spent his childhood devoid of contact from people that were not related to him and the more people that saw him the more chance there was that someone would see the cut marks on his wrists.

He fingered his eye patch nervously and smoothed out his black trousers and blazer before poking his head back into his aunt's car for one final attempt at persuading her out of her idea.

"Aunt Angelina, do I have to go? I stick out a mile and people will bully me," he whined before attempting a manipulative puppy dog look.

His red haired aunt gazed at him unsympathetically and leaned over to push his head out of her car.

"No Ciel. It's time you met other people your own age and made friends. I know that you're extremely intelligent from all the books you read and the tutors I hired, but you need the experience of going to school."

"But Aunt An-"

"I can't believe you're related to me sometime," she sighed before softening. "It's for the best Ciel. Remember your cousin Lizzie is in your year so you can ask for help if you get lost and you can hide your eyepatch with your hair. Bye."

She pulled the car door closed and drove off with a squeal of gears leaving a trail of exhaust fumes behind her.

"That is not a comforting thought," he muttered and began walking to his personal hell.

After a brief 20 minute talk with the headmaster in his cluttered office Ciel was led to his first lesson of the day which was English. He hoped that his class would be studying a sophisticated book rather than the tosh he had heard was taught in state schools.

The man who was leading him was his new form tutor who felt pity for the short boy walking behind him with a deep frown, a heavy back pack, sleeves pulled over his wrists. He decided that a few words of comfort were needed to cheer the boy up.

"Now Ciel, school isn't as bad as it may seem at first. Just smile, talk and you will make plenty of friends," he smiled as an example.

Ciel simply nodded. He was incapable of smiling naturally and his aunt claimed that his fake smile would scare small children away. That didn't matter though: he wasn't in any need of friends.

"Ah, room 103. We're here," the teacher stopped outside the door and Ciel patted his hair to make sure that it was obscuring his eye patch on his right eye.

The teacher opened the door and the class' attention instantly switched to the boy in the doorway. All apart from the dark haired teenager in the back row who was doodling aimlessly in his exercise book.

Ciel felt as if he would combust on the spot from all the stares that everyone was giving him. The English teacher cleared her throat and brought the class' attention back to her.