Chapter 0: Prologue

400 years ago...

Natsu was raised by Igneel, the fire dragon king. He taught him Fire Dragon Slayer's magic, allowing him to slay dragons and control the element of fire. The boy has become strong, yet has a lot to learn from his adopted father.

But one day, something interesting happened. When the young dragon slayer had finished a task, Igneel was assigned to learn. "Hey, Dad. I finished the task you taught me to learn." Natsu said to his father.

Igneel looked at his son and replied, "Good. There is something I wanted you to learn." He grabbed and gave Natsu a massive scroll. "This scroll contained techniques. I listed down the techniques that you should master." Igneel informed Natsu and also gave him a note about what he should master.

Natsu questioned, "Why do I need to learn this exactly?" Igneel looked down at him and said to him, "This scroll will allow you to learn and grow stronger. It might help you learn a new skill and help contribute to your Dragon Slayer magic. It might help you surpass me." Those last sentences he hopes motivated Natsu to learn the technique.

"Hmph, if it's gonna help me to become stronger like you, then I'll do it," Natsu said, which put a grin on Igneel's face. "Ok, what technique should I use first?" As he opened the scroll and started to read. Fortunately for him, Igneel listed the techniques that Natsu needed to learn.

There Natsu began to learn his first technique, "The Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu". Natsu began to form hand seals. For the first time, he made a weak shadow clone. The second time, he made two shadow clones. One is perfect, and the other is weak. For the third time, Natsu hits a landmark, as he made 10 shadow clones, no weak clones, all perfect shadow clones.

Igneel was impressed by Natsu's third try to give Natsu a rest for a while. As he knows, the boy is low on energy.

The second technique is "The Rasengan". Igneel taught Natsu the first step. He had to rotate and concentrate on making the rubber water ball and spin it. At first, Natsu had a difficult time, but with concentration, he managed to rotate the water inside the ball and exploded on impact. Igneel told Natsu to try again, but this time with a metal ball. Natsu again had a difficult time and took longer than he needed, but managed to make the metal ball explode. Igneel then teaches the second step is the power of Rasengan if he managed to increase the power and the reason why he teaches Natsu to use a rubber ball or even a metal ball to increase the density and volume of what he had output. The third is to contain the Rasengan. Igneel informs Natsu that he needs it. To combine both steps into one. If he managed to contain the Rasengan within the rubber ball or metal ball without moving and exploding, it means he mastered it.

Natsu had a difficult time containing the Rasengan without exploding or moving the ball and it took him a week for him to master it. Eventually, he managed to contain the Rasengan without the metal ball or rubber ball moving or exploding showing that he had total mastery.

"He learned it just in a week... Impressive." Igneel thinks to himself. The fourth and final step is that he needs to combine other elements in his Rasengan. Natsu there combines with his fire dragon slayer magic, he engulfs his Rasengan with fire and creates a fiery sphere that causes a massive explosion that burns everything. Then Igneel taught him the Rasenshuriken, infusing the Rasengan with wind nature release. He had a difficult time trying to master it, and it took at least more than a week.

But it was worth it, as the pink-haired dragon slayer mastered the Rasenshuriken. Impressed by his progress, Igneel decided that it is best he teaches Natsu  the real training just in case he needs it.

"Natsu! I'm gonna teach you how to use the Shadow clones and each was given a technique. They need to learn and the memory of the shadow clone can be transferred to you. In order for you to master all the techniques that I will teach." Igneel said, causing the young dragon slayer to have his eyes widen with excitement.