Chapter Eighteen: Peanut Allergy

"It was great, Chaeng," Jennie says. "Hands down the best date I've ever been on."

"You sure made an effort to make it great," Chaeyoung replies. "So I can't say I'm surprised it was the best date you've ever been on."

"It wasn't the things I planned that made it great," Jennie says, needing to correct Chaeyoung on that. "Professor Kim made it great."

"I'm glad to hear you're happy with someone now," Chaeyoung says, patting Jennie's shoulder. "She's way better than Taehyung."

"Yes, a hundred times better," Jennie agrees. In her mind she keeps reliving her date with Jisoo and she hopes that more dates will follow in the future.

Being in a relationship doesn't mean there wouldn't be dates anymore. Taehyung always had a different perspective, because he felt like dates were something pre-relationship only.

"I have a good gut feeling about her. As long as she treats you right, she has my seal of approval."

Jennie is relieved to hear that Chaeyoung has a positive feeling about Jisoo because she shares that positive feeling. Her girlfriend is one of those rare once in a lifetime kind of person. She knows Jisoo has been hurt a lot, far too much.

It had shocked her how during breakfast her girlfriend explained why she thought she would be disgusted by her. Attraction doesn't always happen, but it is awful how Jiyeon played Jisoo for four years and then broke up with her in such a horrible way.

There was no need for her girlfriend's ex to say all those mean things. She hates how that woman broke a piece of Jisoo's confidence, which she wants to help rebuild as time goes on.

"What did you end up doing while I was gone?" Jennie asks curiously, noticing a smirk on

Chaeyoung's face that has all the telltale signs that she had a good time.

"At first I hung out with Lisa and Yeri," Chaeyoung answers, casually paging through a book. "After that it was just Lisa and me. We watched movies and cuddled."

"Do tell me more," Jennie replies, plopping down next to Chaeyoung. "Did you kiss?"

"Nah, not yet," Chaeyoung answers while closing the book. "We're slowly getting there though, I think, but something's been on my mind."

Jennie frowns at the sudden shift in Chaeyoung's voice and composure. "I'm here," she says, putting her hand on her best friend's knee.

"I wonder if Yeri is into someone because it's just... my gut feeling, you know?" Chaeyoung asks as

Jennie nods. "My gut feeling is never wrong and it makes me wonder who she's into. Like, what if she's into Lisa? They're roommates and best friends after all. But then again, Ri has been trying to encourage me and Lisa to get it on."

This vaguely reminds Jennie of when Jisoo asked her if Yeri is into her, which isn't the case. "I think that if she would be into Lisa she would probably say something," she says thoughtfully. "Maybe she likes someone and hasn't told us yet, but none of us asked her if she likes someone."

"It would be hella random if we would suddenly ask her though," Chaeyoung points out.

"I'll ask her sometime," Jennie replies, friendly patting Chaeyoung's leg. "SU is big it could be literally any girl that goes here."

"I'm trying not to worry too much, but she's close with Lisa and I'm worried that if she's into her that Lisa's going to like her more than me," Chaeyoung explains, sighing. "I don't want to have to feel like I'm competing with someone. Lots of people are attracted to Lisa though. I see the way other students look at her, like they want to drink her in."