10.

"YOU'LL UNDERSTAND, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND

"YOU'LL UNDERSTAND, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND.."

---¤☆¤---

Chewing on her bottom lip, Pixie mutters small curses under her breath as Klaus glares daggers at her from the corner. She didn't know what either of their problems were, or if the two of them had some kind of disagreement. But what she did know was that it was getting annoying. The secret glares, the hushed threats, the small harsh nudges in the gut. It was past the point of 'Oh, that's a really odd coincidence'. Nope, it went past that point at least twenty minutes ago.

Stealing a glance out of the corner of her eye, Klaus is downing his fifth⎯was it? Or the sixth drink of the night. Yet, he seemed pretty sober. Brushing away a strand of hair from her face, Pixie zips up the back of her dress, the zipper being the only noise in the entire room. Not a peep. Not even the clinging of ice in his cup. Nothing. Just a really tense silence. Letting out a small wince at the lack of noise, Pixie turns her head to Klaus, shooting him yet another glare.

"Glaring doesn't do anything, Pixie." Klaus grumbles out, making Pixie scoff.

"Watch your tongue. Anyways, just plaster on a smile, wave every once in a while, and answer any questions. No matter how strange they may sound. If you can't answer a question, change the subject." Pixie explains, "Be kind. Be the 'marvelous' Athena Grey. Be that girl."

"Be kind. Be the 'marvelous' Athena Grey. Be that girl. Okay. Okay, how long do I need to stay again? How long is the after-party? Do I have to go?" Athena nods.

"I'll be behind you, don't worry about that." Pixie dismisses, "Even though the kids..Even though we are no longer involved with the games, we need to still keep up appearances. So you will have to go."

"Oh, okay."

Taking a step back, Pixie tilts her head to the side, her eyes slightly narrowed. A look of, 'Something is missing' plastered all over her face. Furrowing her brows at the look on her face, she turns her eyes onto the mirror, trying to see what was wrong. Pixie had put her in a simple periwinkle blue dress decorated with tiny daisies, a much tamer outfit she's worn in the Capitol.

It couldn't be her outfit, it was perfect. Shifting her eyes onto her hair, it was perfectly curled and left down, with only a small butterfly clip pulling her hair back. Her eyes were glossed with some silver-blue glitter in the inner corner. Her lips were stained with a dab of pink, just to make them not pale and lifeless. She didn't look too dramatic. Just simple. But, was it too simple?

"I think we should give you a necklace. Something bronze would fit nicely." Pixie hums, nodding her head. "Hmm, earrings? No. Maybe a bracelet? No. Hmm, maybe a necklace? But, what kind.."

"Okay." Athena nods, letting the woman ramble away.

"Mmh, so..Athena, I've heard some whispers. Whispers are not a good thing. They've been interesting ones." Pixie rambles, "Some are saying that you've been hanging around the boy from Four. Is that true?"