6.

"YOU THINK IT'S WRONG

"YOU THINK IT'S WRONG..."

---¤☆¤---

Walking into the crowded room, Mentors and posh Capitol folks were scattered around the room, mingling about the upcoming Games. Scanning the room carefully, she could tell who the Mentors were, it was easy to point them out. They weren't dressed in horrid neon. Wiping her hands on her pants, she chews on the inside of her cheek, looking for a somewhat familiar face. No one.

Taking a deep breath, she looks for someone to chat with. Spotting a girl in a silver dress, long blonde hair that tumbled down her back, oozing in riches. Standing next to her was a boy, with the same blonde hair, dressed in an expensive looking silver suit. They looked familiar. Taking a confident step towards them, she pretends that she knew them, that they were her friends.

"Hi, I'm Athena, Athena Grey." She smiles, holding her hand out.

"Oh my god! You are the cutest little thing!" The woman squeals, "Like a cute little baby doll! I could just die from your cuteness!"

"Stop your squeaking, Cashmere. You'll scare off our Sponsors." The man scolds, shooting her a look.

"Oh hush! Do excuse him, he's just grumpy that our normal Sponsors aren't here." She smiles, "It's very nice to meet you, Athena. I'm Cashmere and this is my brother Gloss. We're from District One."

"The Tanner Twins? You won back to back Games." Athena whispers, realizing her mistake.

Laughing at her mildly shocked look, Cashmere brushes a strand of blonde hair from her face, flashing the diamond rings that littered her hands. She was rich. Really rich. The fanciest jewelry she had seen was an old horseshoe turned into a ring. But those rings had diamonds in it! Blinking dumbly, Gloss clears his throat, muttering something about finding someone or something called 'Groff'.

"We did. But, of course that was so three games ago! You and that brat from Four are the newest rave." Cashmere rambles, "I should be upset that you took the spotlight from me, but I can admire a girl with good looks and killer skills."

"Um, thank you?" She questions.

"So your games last year, you did really well. If I didn't know that you were from Ten, I'd have thought you were from Two." Cashmere chirps happily, "And I don't compliment people that too often! You're good. A natural killer! I wish you were one of my kids!"

Cringing at her oblivious rambling, she had really made a mistake in talking to the blonde. She didn't find any pride in the killings. She didn't find any joy in it. She didn't think of it as an honor. Or as some sick kind of privilege. She saw it as a way of desperate survival. If she didn't kill, she wouldn't have survived this long. Cashmere clearly saw this as some kind of important goal or part of her life.

Mindlessly nodding her head along to the blonde ramblings, her eyes drift away to the crowd of potential Sponsors. Hoping that someone would walk over to them and interrupt. Shifting her eyes back to the blonde, she looks at her, blue eyes that sparkled. Blonde hair curled to perfection. Cashmere looked like the perfect girl.