EPILOGUE.

"SHE HAS EVERYTHING, BUT HIM

"SHE HAS EVERYTHING, BUT HIM..."

---¤☆¤---

68TH ANNUAL HUNGER GAMES.

The longer she thought about it, the worse it got. Staring at Finnick with a heavy look, her stomach rumbles but it's not from hunger, it rumbles with butterflies. It felt like a war was going on, and it terrified her. Friends weren't supposed to want to kiss each other. Friends weren't supposed to hold each other like that. But, she wanted to do all those things with Finnick. She wanted to be with him. She wanted him. But, it was so wrong. For a million different reasons.

Looking away from him, she tries to ignore the rumbling in her gut, trying to focus on the stupid party. Chewing on her bottom lip, she shifts her gaze onto Pixie, who is silently surveying the crowd. Scooting closer to her, she basks in the sweet smell of her perfume, the smell instantly cooling the feeling inside of her. Pixie was always like that. So warm. So soft. So calming. Pixie was home, she made her feel so safe, like nothing could touch her while she was around.

"Pixie?"

"Hmm?" Pixie hums, her eyes still on the crowd.

"I think...I think that I like Finnick, in more than a friendly way." She whispered, "In a romantic way. Like, I...You know?"

"That's great, dearie. It really is, but I suggest that you be careful. I heard whispers, not the good kind, dearie. Whispers that Snow is forcing him to⎯er⎯you know.." Pixie rambles on, her voice trailing off at the end.

Of course, she had heard whispers of it. She had heard whispers about everyone and anyone, but she thought of them as silly whisper's made by gossip articles. Gossips articles that wanted to keep the Capitol citizens entertained. Like how they gossiped about Gloss having a third big toe. Or Haymitch kissing a woman in blue make-up.

Which didn't make sense, but neither did half of the stuff they spoke about did. But, she never would have thought those whisper's to be actually true. They couldn't be. They can't be. She had a deal with Snow. She made a deal with Snow to protect Finnick. To protect everyone. To pay off her debts. No. No. No.

"Snows making him sell himself?" She whispers, fearing Pixie's answer.

"I think you know the answer to that." Pixie answers, quickly pulling her into a tight hug.

"He can't. He can't. Snow told me that if I continued to⎯you know⎯visit people. That Finnick would be left alone. I⎯I saw him today, Snow, and I fully believed him. He made me think that I was helping. Why would he lie to me? I did what was asked of me. I did what was expected of me." She rambles, her voice cracking as tears build up.

"I know. I know, it's not your fault. It's not your fault. None of this is your fault." Pixie cuts her off, "Athena, it's not your fault."

"I know.."

"No, no, it's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault." Pixie repeats, her voice soft and soothing.

Staring at Pixie with teary eyes, she wanted to cry at the revelation, everything just so overwhelming. No matter how many times she tried to switch it off, to find her anchor, no matter what she had done. Everything was just too raw and real.

With the loss of her Mother and the lack of news regarding her Father, who felt more of a shadow anyways. Everything was just shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Softly sniffling as tears start to bubble up, she takes a moment to try to gather her bearings.

"Take a moment to gather yourself, my sweetling." Pixie whispers, "You will be okay."

"I am, I am." She nods, breathing out.

"In and out, in and out." Pixie cokes, "Come on now, in and out."

Ignoring Pixie's words for a moment, she licks her bottom lip, thinking of the meadows back at home. The sooner she calmed herself, the sooner that she would be able to go back home. She was okay. She was okay. Nodding her head softly, she opens her eyes back up, smoothing out her dress. Letting out a shaky breath, she snaps herself back into place, remembering all of Klaus's advice on flipping the switch. She was okay. She was okay. Just focus on the matter at hand and all will be well. Be Athena Grey, be the girl that President Snow wanted. The one who wears red dresses and flirt with men, who listens and obeys. Be her and make them regret it.

"Come, it is almost starting."

Nodding her head softly, she grabs a glass of champagne from a passing server, plastering on the most bright smile on her face. One day, she was sure of it, Snow would crumble. Maybe, not at her hands. Maybe not in her lifetime if was lucky to live it all. But, he would crumble and she would no longer be the Victor of the 66th Hunger Games. Or a Capitol Darling. She would Athena Grey, the girl who survived President Snow. The one who escaped. 

"NOW, WELCOME TO THE 68TH HUNGER GAMES."

May the odds be ever in your favor.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically! I love you all!

I love you all! I hope that you are enjoyed the book! I had so much fun! Reading / Writing it!

A quick thanks to everyone who has been supporting me! I want everyone to know that I love reading your comments, so please keep on writing them!

A BIG HUG AND KISS TO YOU ALL! THANK YOU!

P.S. Don't worry me and Ghost have more books to come!

XOXO

A.

GHOST MEME TO CHEER YOU UP AND BIG HUG AND KISS TO YOU ALL!