[Vol 1] Chapter 8: The Formation Of Something New

We don't meet people by accident. They are meant to cross our path for a reason. -Unknown

A week had passed since the shocking revelation. The majority of the students had begun to correct their behavior. That's right. The majority. Sudo kept on falling asleep in class, but because we didn't know how to earn points, we couldn't reprimand him. And even if we did, he still probably wouldn't listen.

    "Sigh. What are we going to do...?" I muttered.

    "Ah?!"

    A voice had suddenly cried out. I looked around and saw Ayanokouji rubbing his arm in pain. What happened?

    "What's the matter, Ayanokouji? You cried out. Have you started your rebellious phase or something?"

    "N-no. Sorry, Chabashira-sensei. I got some dirt in my eye."

    Why are you rubbing your arm, then?

    The other students gave him pained glances. They couldn't say anything out of fear of losing any potential points they may have inadvertently gained.

After class, Ayanokouji went straight to Horikita and started complaining to her. You see, that's why it was a good idea to run away from her.

    When lunch arrived, Hirata stood up and spoke.

    "Chabashira-sensei mentioned that the midterm is coming up soon. Remember that if you fail, you'll be expelled. Therefore, I think it would be a good idea to form a study group."

    Yeah, there are some people here who desperately need that help.

    "If you neglect your studies, you'll get a failing grade and be expelled on the spot. I want to avoid that. However, studying won't just prevent expulsion; it may also help earn points. If we receive high marks, our class's assessment should improve as a result. I asked some of the students who scored high on the test to help prepare a study plan. So, I would like people who are anxious to come join our group. Everyone is welcome, of course."

    Of course, after scoring an eighty on the test, Hirata asked me a few days ago to come up with some questions, which I did reluctantly.

    "Tch."

    Hirata had been staring at Sudo during his speech, which irritated Sudo. They hadn't seen eye to eye since their previous disagreement.

    "Starting today at five o'clock, we will plan to study in this classroom for two hours a day until the test. If you'd like to join us, please come whenever you like. Of course, I don't mind if you need to leave partway. That's all I have to say." Hirata finished speaking.

    When he finished speaking, several people got up and approached him. I noticed Sakura's reluctance; she wanted help but was too shy to ask for it. Hmm...

🅅🄰🅁🄸🄰🄱🄻🄴

"Are you two free for lunch? Do you want to eat together?"

Horikita approached me and Ayanokouji shortly after Hirata's announcement with an unusual request.

"It's unusual to get an invitation from you. I feel nervous." Ayanokouji said.

"Is there some sort of catch?" I asked. Horikita wouldn't suddenly want to hang out with us.

"Of course not. As an apology for attempting to coerce you both into assisting me, I will gladly pay for your meal."

She wanted to apologize? Normally, I would refuse because everything seemed suspicious, but I remembered running away from her the last time. Maybe she realized the error of her ways.