[Vol 1] Chapter 6: The End Of Everyday Life

Ignorance is the primary source of all misery and vice. -Victor Cousin

While writing in my notebook, I sighed.

    Less than a month had passed since the start of the school year. Three weeks, to be exact. Each individual had already formed their own groups. For example...

    "Hey, hey, do you want to go to karaoke?"

    "Yeah, let's go!"

    They made friendship seem so simple, and I was a little envious of that. I want to hang out with some friends too! What I didn't envy was the fact that the majority of the class hasn't been paying attention or hasn't been here at all recently.

    "Sup?" Sudo entered the classroom in the middle of the lesson and went directly to his seat. as if to prove my point.

    "Oh, hey, Sudo. Wanna get lunch later?" Ike yelled at Sudo from across the room.

    What was baffling was the fact that our teacher didn't seem to care either. I would have expected him to reprimand him, but he did not.  I suppose it's a way of saying that we're about to become adults and that we should take responsibility for our own grades. Well, that's what I thought, anyway. Regardless, it was fascinating to watch a slightly reserved class devolve into the shambles that it is now. I wonder if the other classes have become like this as well. I hoped not.

    Bzzt! Bzzt! My phone vibrated. When I looked to see what it was, I discovered it was from the group chat that Ike had invited the boys to. They said they were going to eat in the dining hall. This was actually the first normal message from that group in a while. They spent most of their time talking about girls and what they would do if they had a girlfriend.

    "Whoa. Seriously, he has a girlfriend? Awesome."

     Coincidentally, Ike started talking about someone having a girlfriend. I wasn't surprised to find out that it was Hirata. After all, he was probably the most popular boy in our grade. Karuizawa, a blonde-haired girl, was his girlfriend. She appeared to be the gyaru type. Well, whatever makes him happy, I guess.

So that's what it's like to be in love, huh?

Karuizawa was staring at Hirata with loving eyes from her seat. I sighed.

"You're pathetic as well, you realize that, right?" Horikita had suddenly decided that it was a good time to insult me.

"Why me? Can't you tell that to someone else?"

I mean, Ayanokouji is right there. Why me and not him? No offense, Ayanokouji, but I'd rather not deal with her invective words.

"Ayanokouji-kun is already well aware of his own faults." She turned to look at him. "Isn't that right, Pervert-kun?"

"Hey... That's not nice..."

"You see? He didn't even try to deny it." she said.

I'm starting to regret introducing myself to her.

🅅🄰🅁🄸🄰🄱🄻🄴

The third period had arrived, which meant Chabashira-sensei would be teaching history. I always thought she would make a better English teacher than a history teacher. She nailed the looks.

Nobody cared when she walked into the classroom. It was just as rowdy as it had always been.

"Quiet down a little, please. Today's lesson will be a bit serious."

"What do you mean, Sae-chan-sensei?"

I forgot to mention that they had already given her a nickname. I found that weird, but oh well.