32 || Bet & Regret

Start from the beginning

The elevator comes to a stop on our level and we turn, going left. We shift past different numbered rooms until we've reached our room. Harry swipes the keycard on the scanner until it's turned the color green, giving us access to enter our room without disruption. 

The touch less bed enters my vision. I plop uncontrollably on the surface, relaxing to the point that I don't want to move. Harry keeps control of his giggles before he mumbles close to my face, wrapping a blanket on my legs, "go to sleep, Baby." And I do. My eyes shut, my brain collapses to off-mood, and everything turns to silence.

My feet shuffle on the cracked cement, my hand holds Harry's. Above us the dark, starry night gleams. I point in front of us, the famous breakfast shop everyone loves.

"We must go there tomorrow, OK? We can get the cute little heart-shaped strawberries with mango smoothies." I smile with excitement. Harry kisses my lips, the flavor of vanilla ice cream covers my tongue. His fingers dig into my open skin, pushing me back into the dark alleyway.

"I need you, Love Dove." The sound of his voice is raspy. I look directly into his eyes, hungry for more too. Seconds later we're throwing each other's clothes off and they puddle into a pile.

I kiss him once again, deepening my hips to touch his hardness. He moans in pleasure.

I smile against his lips, but quickly my eyes drop down to his chest, reaching to his abdomen. The colorful liquid of blood pools out of the side of him.

"E-Eulalia," he stutters. He covers his hands quickly on the wound, "come on, Eulalia, help me. Please." I stand there in shock, disregarding his words, staring darkly at his blood.

"Why would you do this to me?" Harry cries, staring down at my own hands. I follow his direction, and my heart drops to my stomach.

A sharp knife is rested in my left hand, blood on my right. I look back up at Harry, who is teary eyed, and me clueless with the situation.

Swallowing deeply, tears drip down my skin, "I'd never do this to you, Harry. I-I would never hurt you, Harry! You know that right?"

"Eulalia!"

"Harry, I would never hurt you. Trust me, please!" My voice feels scratchy. I drop the weapon on the roughly rock cement, reaching out towards Harry, who takes a step back in horror.

"Eulalia! Wake up!"

"I would never hurt you, Harry! This isn't me! You know the real me."

"Eulalia! Darling, wake up for me!" My body shoots up into Harry's arms.

"W-what happened?" I stammer, shocked. My hands shake with fear. I stare into Harry's eyes, tears now streaming down my face.

"It was just a bad dream. It wasn't real. You're alright. You're safe with me, OK?"

I cry on Harry's shoulder, balling his shirt with my two tight fist. I huff and puff with tears while Harry mumbles sweet things to calm me down.

I inhale and exhale out of my nose, clearing my eyes, and redirecting my eye contact with Harry.

"Do you trust me?" I mumble, controlling my sobs.

He whips the escaped tear with his soft thumb, smiling at me. His eyes reassure me that everything will be OK. I try to mirror his own smile, but I'm too sad to even twitch my lips.

"I trust you," he murmurs against my lips, kissing me softly. I deepen the kiss, pressing my hand on the base of his neck. I reach over to sit on his lap. Harry taps my hips with his hands, pulling back from my lips.