Chapter I: Kindergarden

Starting a Steven Universe OC fanfiction!

Steven's POV
-
The bright light of the warp pad flashed in front of my face as we arrived in "Kindergarden". It was kinda creepy. Pearl told me that this was where Peridot and the other bad Gems made other bad Gems. But Amethyst said she was from here, and she's not bad, so I'm kind of... Confused. For once I kept my mouth shut as Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, and I stepped off the warp pad. There was an eerie silence as we took a moment of silence to gaze upon the creepy area. Then Garnet spoke up. "We'll have to search the place in case Peridot came here for refuge. Spread out," she ordered. We nodded our heads, and Amethyst came over to me. "Okay, I'll go with Steven," she said casually. Pearl shook her head. "Like I'd trust you with Steven. I'll go with him," she argued. Garnet split the two apart. "Neither of you are. I'm going with him," she announced directly, and Amethyst and Pearl stopped arguing. "Steven and I will go farther into the canyon, you two explore elsewhere," Garnet ordered. Pearl and Amethyst nodded. Garnet waved over to me. "Let's go, Steven." I walked alongside Garnet as went deeper and deeper into the canyon, cautiously searching everywhere we could. Soon Garnet turned to me. "Do you hear that?" She whispered. She brought out her gauntlets, ready to fight. I concentrated on a sound coming from one of the holes. It sounded like... Singing? Garnet jumped up to the hope where the sound was coming from, then I heard a loud shriek. "Please don't hurt me..." A feminine voice said. "Garnet?" I shouted. "Who's up there?" Garnet jumped down from the hole. "It's just a girl," she reported. "Well, we need to help her!"
"Just leave it alone, Steven,"
"No! She needs our help!" I started to scale the many holes up to the hole Garnet jumped from. "Steven!"
When I was a few holes down, I heard the voice. "I thought I told you to leave me alone!" The voice shouted. Punctuated at the last word, I arrived at the hole and was knocked off by a girl I briefly saw with bleach blonde hair and a dress.