Chapter 29

Author's Note

I don't know why my reader's are so lazy just to press a small 🌟 button.
Do it now before reading further.
Don't ignore me I'm watching you 👁️

Third person pov

Zane and Bella entered the party hall and Everyone's eyes were on this new couple.

As they arrived people started greeting them. It was a little awkward for Isabella because she has never been greeted by so many people but familiar of being ignored directly.

And here Zane is in his full attitude of being Mafia king. As people are bowing in front of him and in return he is nodding slightly. While Isabella was going to bow in return but Zane stopped her.

"What are you trying to do babygirl?" He took her in corner of the hall and pulled her closer by her waist so that no space is left between them.

"Am I not suppose to greet them too?"
She asked innocently that make zane melt on her soft words.

"Baby your innocence would be death of me? Are you really innocent or try to act like one because I don't believe it" he tighten her in his embrace and whispering near her ear while bitting her earlobe.

"So you think I'm fake? Fine now don't talk to me from now on" she said pushing him away from him angerly.

Zane was about to respond to this misunderstanding but was stopped by his friends who dragged him to there meeting place leaving Bella alone.

But not for long a group of ladies of as same age as Bella approached her and started to begin conversation with her on different topics.

While both were busy in there own group talk but there eyes were searching for each other's attention.

While Zane was constantly looking at his bella , she was busy in her group talks but when she lift her eyes to take a slight view of her husband she got caught by him from checking him out secretly.

She instantly shifted her eyes on the other side and pretend to be in a important discussion but her mind was commanding her to again and again to look at his direction to check if he is still looking or he is done.

She slight lifting her eyes but firstly started to run her eyes around the hall to make it look natural. Then slowly she shifted her eyeballs in his direction and again got caught peeking at him.

She instantly broke the eye contact and excused herself from the group of ladies. She lowered her red tomato face and walked toward the bar where she ordered a chill coke to get relief from sudden hotness on her face.

She was about to take a sip of her coke when a pair of arm grabbed her waist. She turned around expecting him but got surprise by someone's sudden appearance.

It's Anthony in pure matte black suit.

"Oh Bella I wasn't expecting you here? Who you are with?" Anthony asked

"Oh my god Anth , I wasn't expecting you too be here and I'm here with my h....." She stopped her from speaking further not knowing how she will explain to her bestfriend that she's married now.

"With your....." He couldn't even complete his sentence and he was laying on the floor with zane punching him mercilessly.

She tried to pull Zane back but he jerked my hand way. This remind her  incident at her college. also she remembered that when she called him by his name he stopped. So she tried it.

"Zane please leave him" she tried as this is her last hope to save her bestfriend and lucky he listened to her. But here all the peoples present are just standing in the corner and watching the show.

She pulled him back and got in front of him to block his view to Anthony. He immediately pulled her his embrace with his bloody hands around her waist tightly.

She turned around to see and bunch of mens pointing guns at us and at the corner some mens are lifting unconscious Anthony who's face is covered with blood.

Within a snap of time people who were pointing guns at us were surrounded by other group pointing guns at them, making them surrender in front of us.

'What's going on?'

Bella look in side where Anthony was laying with some men's support but no longer as some mens also took them on gun point. Those mens dragged Anthony body like a rag doll. He looks so lifeless as the floor with blue carpet is now red with his blood.

Bella can't stop tears seeing this condition of her good friend. Those men made Anthony kneel in front of Bella and zane.

Zane pulled out his gun and pointed it on Anthony's head and was about to pull the trigger but a hand got wrapped around his in gusture to stop him.

It's none other than his Bella's hand.

"Please Zane don't do this"

Zane look at her with his bloodshot eyes. He feel betrayed by his own wife's words.

'how could my Bella stop me from kill a useless bastard like him? Does she ....
.love him?' these thoughs in Zane's mind made gun in his hand slip and fall on the floor.

But anger consumed him before he could come back in sense, he dragged Bella with him out of the hall leading towards a nearby room.

He pulled her inside the room with so much force, he immediately left her hand and closed the door. Bella gained her balance from the sudden force but couldn't anymore as she was pushed on the only bed available in the room.

He hover over her and started looking deep into her eyes. While bella is completely unaware of his overthinking thoughs also scared of his sudden rough behaviour.

He leaned near her face and brought his hand near her cheek and started caressing it with this thumb which have not blood stain to get transferred on her cheek.

"Bella......"

"I want you answer my question in yes or no. Okay?" He asked being very patient to hear the answer which he thinks maybe can turn his world upside down.

"Did you ever love him?" She shook her head negatively which brought a satisfied smile on Zane's face.

"You're only mine. My Bella"

================================
I thought you guys lost interest in this story so I decided to develop a plot twist so I can make you regain interest by bringing a opponent for Zane.

Vote
Comment
Share
Date 3 May'23
Word count 1103