Chapter 8: Nightmare

Kion and Kovu walked off. Kion took one last look at Rani, and then turned away.

After a minute, Kovu smirked and nudged Kion, "So, Rani eh?" Kion looked down at his paws, embarrassed.

Kovu playfully punched his shoulder. "Ow!" Kion stepped away from Kovu.

Kovu chuckled, "She'd be a good match for you..." Then his gaze darkened, "If you both weren't outsiders."

Kion was confused at Kovu's sudden change in tone, "Is having a mate here a bad thing?"

"It's a horrible thing! You can't have a mate! The only reason we have lionesses here, is so that we can have cubs and the pride doesn't fall!" Kovu growled.

Kion thought about that for a minute, "So, I can have cubs with any lioness I want?" Kovu nodded, "Or you can have cubs with as many as you want. It doesn't matter, just as long as the pride doesn't die out."

"I can live with that," Kion smirked.

"But remember," Kovu stated firmly, "No mates! Lionesses should always be your enemy." Kion nodded.

"Okay, so now with your training..."

Rani had finished her food, and laid down.

Markay walked up to her, "Hi Rani! I noticed something is going on between you an Kion." Rani looked up at her friend, "Me and Kion are friends. Well, we're hardly even that! But there isn't anything going on between us," Rani explained calmly.

"Alright I guess," Markay walked away.

Rani sighed and laid her head back down. "I want to go home," She mumbled.

"Well you can't!"

Rani whipped her head around and saw Zira standing there, looking furious.

"You can't and won't go home! This is your home now!" Zira growled. Rani trembled and nodded.

"Don't ever think about leaving!" Zira placed a claw on Rani's neck. "Or it will be the last thing you'll ever do."

"Yes Zira," Rani said in a trembling voice. "I understand."

"Remember Rani, I took you from that awful place. The Tree Of Life is no kingdom to live in. Being an Outsider is more important," Zira explained.

"Yes Zira. I understand Zira," Rani dipped her head down. "Don't repeat my name like that," Zira growled a bit. Rani kept her head down, "I won't do it anymore."

Zira walked away. Rani sighed and lifted her head back up, "This is a nightmare."

Rani's Prayer: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep. If I shall die before I wake, I pray the lord my soul to take

Rani: I, I keep a record of the wreckage in my life! I gotta recognize the weapon in my mind! They talk shit but I love it everytime! And I realize-

Rani: I've tasted blood and it is sweet. I've had the rug pulled beneath my feet

Rani: I've trusted lies and trusted men. Broke down and put myself back together again

Rani: Stared in the mirror and punched it to shatters, collected the pieces and picked out a dagger. I pinched my skin in between my two fingers, and wished I could cut some parts off with some scissors...

Rani: C'mon little lady, give us a smile. No I ain't got nothing to smile about. I've got no one to smile for, I've waited a whole for, a moment to say, "I don't owe you a goddamn thing!"

Rani: I, I keep a record of the wreckage in my life! Iforra recognize the weapon in my mind! They talk shit but I love it everytime! And I realize-

Rani: No sweet dream but I'm a hell of a knife...that I'm no sweet dream but I'm a hell of a knife...

Rani: No I won't smile but I'll show you my teeth, and I'ma let you speak of you just let me breathe

Rani: I've been polite, but won't be caught dead, letting a man tell me what I should do in my bed

Rani: Keep my exes in check in basement, 'Cause kindness is weakness, or worse, your complacent. I could play nice or I could be a bully, I'm tired and angry but somebody should be...

Rani: Come on little lady, give us a smile. No I ain't got nothing to smile about. I've got no one to smile for, I've waited a while for, a moment to say, "I don't owe you a goddamn thing!"

Rani: I, I keep a record of the wreckage in my life! I gotta recognize the weapon in my mind! They talk shit but I Love it everytime! And I realize-

Rani: I, I keep a record of the wreckage in my life! I gotta recognize the weapon in my mind! They talk shit but I love it everytime! And I realize-

Rani: Someone like me, can be, a real nightmare completely aware, but I'd rather be, a real nightmare then die unaware, yes someone like me, can be, a real nightmare completely aware, but I'm glad to be, a real nightmare, so save me your prayers...

Rani: I, I keep a record of the wreckage in my life! I gotta recognize the weapon in my mind! They talk shit but I love it everytime! And I realize-

Rani: I'm no sweet dream but I'm a hell of a knife...that I'm no sweet dream but I'm a hell of a knife...

Rani growled and stood up. She hated living here. And she wanted to leave, but Zira wouldn't allow her. Rani took a deep breath, remembering that lashing out wouldn't help her

"I'll find a way," She assured herself. "Somehow."

Kovu rolled over and pinned Kion down. Kion slashed Kovu's chest and Kovu jumped off.

Kion threw attack after attack on Kovu, not slowly down.

Kovu dodged, or blocked each move Kion threw at him, "C'mon. Try again!" Kion went faster this time and raked his claws into Kovu's eye. Kovu didn't care, "Nice move," He looked at rhe sky. "Let's head back."

"Alright."

Kion and Kovu headed back to the pride.