Chapter 25 ○ Care

Comenzar desde el principio

What am I even supposed to answer to this? I love you like a brother, Wooyoung, but you're hurting everybody right now, even yourself. Enough. I'll call him.

He doesn't pick up, of course. I try him again.

"Wooyoung?"

"What do you want?"

"You don't get to ghost everyone and play the angry one, you know. What are you even doing?"

"Trying to understand. Did you get my messages?"

"Of course I did. That's why I'm calling. What does it mean, check on him?"

"Focus, Yeosang. It means what it means. Check the fuck on him. He met my brother, they talked, he asked about me and I'm sure he didn't take it well. He needs someone. You know how he is, he doesn't do well alone. And as far as I know, Shiber doesn't talk yet. He needs a friend right now. Be that friend."

"I got that, thank you. But what did your brother say that it was so terrible to San?"

"Well, he... he told him I wasn't doing good, then... San asked him if I ever talked about him. And Dongyoung answered that he didn't even know his name."

"Ouch."

"Yeah. Ouch."

"Wooyoung... when are you coming home? We miss you. We need you."

"No, you don't. You're much better off without me."

"Don't ever say that. We-"

"Goodbye, Yeosang-hyung."

"Wooyoung, wait-"

But the phone has already gone silent. At least I got to talk to him, for a bit. Now, I have to go to San. Wooyoung is right about that, he needs me. He may be a tough guy about many things, but he's a giant ball of fluff when it comes to feelings. I rapidly go downstairs into the gym and I find him sitting on the floor, his head leaning on his arms and knees. When I call out his name, I can see his eyes are red and swollen.

"San-ah. I thought, maybe... you could use a friend."

I sit right beside him and he starts crying again, laying his head on my shoulder. I pat his back, then hug him. It aches to see him like this. He's usually the one to cheer everybody up. The mood maker. I will look after you, my friend.

"I-I thought... I thought, this time... I was special. For real. But I'm nothing. Again."

"Don't say that. I don't know what is on Wooyoung's mind, but I'm pretty sure you're among his thoughts."

"His own brother doesn't even know I exist."

"Does your sister know about Wooyoung?"

"I... well, no."

"Exactly my point. And someone did ask me to check on you after this morning..."

He looks at me with sparkling eyes. "You heard from him?"

"I did. And he told me to look after you because of what happened. You see? He thinks about you and cares about you. As I said, I don't know what's on his mind or what he will do, but I do know he cherishes you."

"Maybe. Thanks, Yeosang. Truly."

I smile at him and we both get up from the floor. We're slowly walking towards the dorm when I really feel like settling something.

 We're slowly walking towards the dorm when I really feel like settling something

***

Author's note: hello everyone! Here I am with the week's first chapter. Love me some angst in the morning. Thanks to all the new readers and to all the regulars who stick with me!

Today Ateez launched the official membership, it's $12 for a year and I already signed up! First time for me and I'm excited! Who else joined? I'm in love with the photos they released for it! Hope you're all having a good time and you're eating well. See you tomorrow!

 See you tomorrow!