06 - talking shit

Start from the beginning

"I have a couple of friends coming over. One of them comes by regularly at work and I sort of almost killed him so." You missed the look of confusion that Tim gave you as you finished putting the lights in the washer.

Your dorm wasn't super dirty, but you've been sick for a while so it's just a little messy. You should tell him the full story, but you weren't sure what time Jeff and BEN were getting here. You just had a text saying they were coming about ten minutes ago. Which means they could be here any minute.

"Why don't you clean whenever I come over?"

You laughed slightly at the question but didn't answer.

"Would you like to stay? We are probably just going to play video games if you're interested in that sort of stuff."

He wasn't.

He used to be but not as much as BEN and Jeff.

Tim plays for fun, and BEN and Jeff play for competition.

Which is precisely why he stays.

"Sure, I'll stay." Tim takes a seat on the couch and scrolls through his phone. You sit down in front of the TV and look through the multiplayer games that you have. It's mostly old or boring ones so you were hoping that Jeff or BEN would have something fun like Mario Party or Super Smash.

A knock at the door grabs your and Tim's attention as you rush up to open it. You find BEN and Jeff on the other side. Both wearing sunglasses and Jeff wearing a surgical mask. You couldn't help but laugh at them. "You two look so dumb."

"Shut up before I kill you." You stand aside and invite them in. They look around before their eyes stop on Tim who was now standing up rather than sitting like he was just seconds ago. Before anyone had the chance to speak, you spoke.

"Jeff, BEN, this is my friend Tim. We have classes together. Tim, this is Jeff and BEN." You tried not to notice that Tim's look hardened at the two while the murderers(?) gaped.

"Ma- Tim? What the fuck are you doing here?" Jeff was the first to point out the connection between the three killers in the room.

You looked between the two, "Tim? You know them?"

His eyes closed as he sat back down. "Never seen them before in my life." He had a slight smirk that told you he was lying. Maybe Jeff tried to attack Tim as well.

Turning back to look at Jeff, he and BEN had furrowed eyebrows before scoffing. "Whatever man-whore, I'll remind you who I am when I beat your ass in Mario Kart."

Thank God, a fun game.

You sat down on the other side of the couch from Tim while the other two sat on the floor. Jeff set up the game and passed out the controller. Or rather, he threw it at you and Tim, but the latter caught both before it could hit your face. He handed it to you as you smiled and thanked him.

"Alright! Let's start!" Mario Kart was selected from the games by Jeff. After selecting the characters (Jeff picked Bowser, BEN picked Link, Tim picked Shy Guy, and you picked Yoshi) and the vehicles, you all played rock, paper, and scissors on who picked the map.

BEN won.

"I bet you pick Rainbow Road like the crazy man you are." You said slightly as you watched BEN select the crazy-hard map. Jeff groaned as you shouted at your correct assumption.

"I just picked it because you pointed it out."

"Sure." You rolled your eyes.

And soon, the game began.

Three rounds of pure horror as Jeff continuously had green shells, successfully knocking both Tim and BEN off the map.

You managed to get in first. Thank fuck for beginners' luck. You hadn't played in a long time.

"How the fuck is she in first?" Jeff shouted causing you to laugh when you finished your second lap. "Get her out! Someone get a blue shell!"

"You can't just ask for a random item to appear." Tim scowled and kicked Jeff slightly. The kick caused Jeff's character to go straight off the edge of the road.

You laughed as Tim smiled at Jeff's pure rage. The black-haired man shouted profanities and death threats as the little guy on the cloud lifted Jeff back onto the road.

"You're just mad because you're ass at this game." Saying that made the man angrier.

Eventually, you finished your third lap, securing the win. You got first, BEN in second. Tim is in fourth, and Jeff is in ninth.

You cheered at your victory with Jeff being a sore loser.

"REMATCH!" He hit 'New Game.'

"I'll beat you again! Easy win!"

For the entire next round, you talked major shit before placing no higher than a sixth place for the next ten rounds.

boring chapter sorry <3 next chapter is better, just wanted to get this one done bc chapter 7 was written way in advanced and will be posted some time this week

anyways hope you enjoyed it :)

drink some water <3

May 01. 23.