³². 𝑅𝑒𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑝𝑠

Start from the beginning

"No," Bruce interrupted before he corrected the theory. "Ultron could have assimilated JARVIS. This isn't strategy. This is rage."

Before anyone else could voice any other thoughts, loud thumping steps caught (Y/N)'s attention and recognized the upcoming figure. Thor had finally returned after trying to find out where one of Ultron's controlled robots had gone with the scepter, and he was empty handed. This couldn't mean any good.

Instead of speaking, he immediately marched up to Tony and grabbed him by the throat, raising him in the air while doing so.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"It's going around."

"Come on, use your words, buddy," Tony strained, still being held up in the air.

Thor looked far away from amused. "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark."

"Focus, Thor," (Y/N) called his attention, taking one step further. "The Legionnaire."

Thor knew better and let Tony down on the ground, not too harshly but not that slow. The poor man staggered to regain his posture but he managed to move away from the god.

The anger hadn't faded away. "Trail went cold about 100 miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter." He looked amongst the teammates. "Now we have to retrieve it, again."

"Genie's out of that bottle," Natasha told him. "Clear and present is Ultron."

"I don't understand," Dr. Helen Cho's voice caught everyone's attention. This was the first time she'd spoken after the entire fiasco. She was staring down at the remaining parts of one robot. "You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?"

A snort escaped out of Tony's mouth before anyone could say something else. (Y/N) frowned at him, thinking how could he laugh when there was a serious problem in hand. Bruce, who was the closest to him, shook his head in silence as he tried to tell him to stop. Tony obviously didn't care and his laughter only grew louder.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asked him.

"No," Tony defended. "It's probably not, right? This is really terrible. Is it so. . ." he let out a laugh. "It is so. . .It is. It's so terrible."

"This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand."

"No. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny," Tony walked up to the much taller man. "It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time," Bruce tried to calm things down.

"Really? That's it?" Tony whirled to look at him. "You just roll over, show your belly every time somebody snarls?"

"Only when I've created a murder bot."

"We didn't. We weren't even close," he argued. "Where we close to an interface?"

"Well, you did something right. And you did it right here," Steve announced in a strict voice, arms crossed before he walked up to Tony. "The Avengers are supposed to be different than S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?"

"No, it's never come up."