seven

change is a powerful thing / lana del rey

third person.

the blonde girl was lying on her stomach thinking about what happened.

she had never seen or expected vic to act like that. he had always been a sweet child and when she reunited with him, he seemed the same. but the incident proved otherwise. she wondered what happened to the boy.

the gang had stayed over at belch's place today. which was unusual as they normally would go to vic's house. belch thought it was pretty obvious why they wanted to come over, but didn't put up a fight. they we're currently downstairs doing god knows what.

she sighed, putting the notebook down and got up. she was bored now and wanted to go out. vienna changed into a blue checkered baby doll top and some jeans then hastily walked down the stairs.

"im going out!" she said in a casual voice, peeking her head around the corner to where the boys were sat. they all gave her confused looks.

"where? with who?" henry asked, his eyes glued to her.

"just exploring by myself." she replied with a small smile.

"should we come with y-"

"no it's alright!" vienna interrupted him and quickly walked out the house without waiting for a response.

she heard one of them shout 'be back at six!'

she grabbed her neon green bike and headed to the quarry, which she heard was the best hang out place in derry.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

after arriving to the quarry, she noticed some other bikes laying on the floor and one bike standing. curious, she let her bike join the others and went to see who was there. a couple of boys and a familiar redhead were standing at the end of the cliff.

"hey bev!" she called out, hoping to get her attention.

the said girl turned her head around and her eyes lit up.

"vi!" she cheered, engulfing the other in a big hug.

"gonna introduce us to the hottie?" a boy came up next to them with a huge grin on his face. he had black hair and glasses that made his eyes look huge.

"hey there, i'm richie, or your next boyfriend." richie said, winking at her.

"hi, im vienna." the girl said, laughing at the boy.

the rest of the boys came over, looking unsure as they knew this was belch's adopted sister.

"this is eddie, be careful he's a germaphobe," he said, pointing to a shorter boy who stood further away to the others. "that's stan." a boy with curly hair smiled at her. "that's william, but we call him bill." a boy slightly taller than the rest waved at her, she realised it was the same boy she bumped into at school. "and last but not least, that's ben." a small chubby boy grinned at her.

"cool, it's nice to meet you all." she said genuinely. yeah they seemed like nerds but they looked fun compared to everyone else at her school.

"w-w-wanna hang w-with u-us? w-w-we're ab-bout to j-jump in." bill asked her, his feet shifting from side to side.

"unless you're too much of a pussy!" richie hollered, laughing at his own joke.

vienna and bev looked at eachother and had the same idea. they both stripped down to their underwear.

"sissys!!" bev yelled.

before the boys could even process what happened, the two girls jumped into the water with joyful screams.

"what the fuck?!"

"ah holy shit, we just got showed up by girls!" richie exclaimed, his eyes widening even more.

"do we have to do that now?" a worried looking stanley asked.

a faint 'come on' from the girls was heard. ben sent a uncertain wave at them.

"oh shit."

one by one they all jumped into the water. it was shimmering beautifully in the hot summer sun and vienna was starting to feel glad that she had moved back.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

the group of teenagers had been playing in the water for ages. from playing chicken fight, to having splash battles, this was the most fun vienna had experienced in a while. she did notice some stolen glances between bev, bill and ben though.

now her and bev were sunbathing with 'bust a move' playing from bev's boombox. they pretended not to notice the groups wide eyes on them, until the girls turned around and looked at the boys. they quickly coughed and turned away, pretending to talk to each other

everyone had been talking and laughing for ages before vienna had forgotten that she had to be back before six.

"shit guys i have to go back now." she said abruptly, standing up and dusting her self off. she put her clothes back on.

"aw man, really." eddie groaned out.

"yeah sorry guys, see you at school." she bid them all goodbyes and they all returned it.

grabbing her bike, she cycled home fast, hoping not to be too late.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

vienna opened the door quietly, desperately wishing that the other boys had gone. to her disappointment, they hadn't.

"you're late." henry said, shaking his head slowly. the gang watched from the other room.

"okay? you're not my dad." she didn't know where all this braveness came from, but inside she was shitting herself. she walked past him. all she wanted to do was to take a shower and get in bed.

she nearly made it into her room but got interrupted with a hand on her shoulder, pushing her into a wall.

"don't fucking speak to me like that." he grunted.

she stayed silent, silently wishing she never had spoken to him like that.

"answer me!" he hissed.

no reply was given.

"someone needs to teach you a lesson. you've been acting like a stuck up brat recently." he snarled, gripping onto her jaw.

she let out a squeak as his grip got harsher.

henry looked at her for a few more seconds before he let go of her and stormed downstairs.

she felt confused as she walked into her room. henry wasn't usually like this with her and she didn't understand why he acted so violently today. the strange thing was, she did not completely hate it.