four

she couldn't care less, and i couldn't care more / lana del rey

third person.

      belch sighed loudly, knowing his secret was was no longer a secret.

"you have a sister? how come you never told us?" patrick accuses belch, wondering how he'd never heard of another huggins.

"uh, no.. my parents adopted her only yesterday, must have forgotten to tell you and the guys." belch responds while looking at patrick.

"knew she was too pretty to be related to you!" patrick chuckled loudly, drawing attention to them. "so this was the reason why we had to walk this morning?"

belch nodded at him.

"well in that case, now that we know the truth you can take us home! here come the boys now."

henry and a blonde boy walked over to belch as he explained to them why the new girl was with them, the two boys having similar reactions to patrick.

but vienna wasnt focusing on the conversation. instead she felt her heart jump out of her throat. vic? although victor had brown hair the last time she saw him, she was sure it was him. his hair was now bleached blonde but he had the same dark eyes and dark eyebrows. he had grown taller (obviously) and looked very different with the new hair. he looked over at the girl but didn't recognise her.

vienna couldn't stop herself from asking.

"vic?"

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

the car was silent. she was sandwiched between victor and patrick, with belch driving and henry in the front.

victor kept stealing glances at her. he could not believe it was her.

when vienna had said his name, he suddenly connected the dots.

at first, he hadn't recognised her, no one could have. she looked so different from the young girl she was. he didn't know what to do, she was finally back with him. after nine years of regretting how left things, he engulfed her in a hug. vienna grinned, she was reunited with her first friend. vic cupped her face with his hand, looking into her eyes making sure it was real.

henry pulled them away from each other with a weird look in his eyes, then told them to get in the car because he wanted to get home.

so now they were in the car, sat in silence.

patrick wrapped an arm around her, "so you'd ya know our vicky here?" he probed, poking her cheek.

she really wanted to jump out the window.

"uh we were old friends until i moved away." she explained, not bothering to go into much detail.

she made eye contact with henry through the rearview mirror before quickly looking down, playing with her fingers.

the car fell back into a somewhat comfortable silence, with belch humming a tune of a metallica song she enjoyed.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

     the ride went smoothly, and belch had dropped everyone home. patrick had left by kissing her on the cheek, which she did not want to admit it but it had left a funny feeling in her stomach. vic had left by saying bye to henry and belch, sending a big smile to her. henry was the last to leave and left quickly not saying a word to neither of the siblings. and with that, they were home.

the girl greeted her parents then ran upstairs and took out her notebook. inside she had written beverly's number, which they had exchanged after the bell had rang. quickly dialling it into the pink rotary phone she had purchased from some thrift shop.

"hello, who's this?" a gruff voice spoke from the other end.

"hi! i'm looking for beverly." she replied, picking at her nails.

it paused for a while. "you a whore?" the voice says in reponse.

"um.. excuse me? i don't think that's appropriate." she hesitated. who was this?

"sorry, just making sure my bevvy isn't hanging with the wrong crowds, you understand right." he imformed.

"oh yeah i understand!" she didnt.

the voice turned muffled as the man shouted for beverly to come down.

"hi bev!"

"oh hi vi, what's up?"

"i was just wondering if you wanted to walk to school together if our houses are close by."

"yeah sure, what's your address?"

"10 main street"

"cool! i live on main street too!"

"really?!" she said with excitement in her voice. "well meet me at the main street bridge at 8:30!"

"okay, bye vi." beverly replied then hung up.