"We each should pick five to start," I say as I title the list 'K+J Watchlist', "Movies you either think I should watch or new ones you just want to watch. Like I wanna watch that new Florence Pugh movie, uhm Don't Worry Darling!"

"What about," he hums thinking as his hand finds my thigh and he leans over so he's l looking at my phone screen while I'm starting at him. I love him.

He slowly turns his head to look at me, "Wasn't there a new Marvel movie that just came out?"

"I think so," I add 'new marvel movie' to the list and Jamie laughs beside me.

We sit there and write out a list of movies until my alarm for the food goes off. Which Jamie helps me plate for everyone.

The four of us sit, eat and chat until Trevor and Mason have to head out to catch the plane to Florida.

-

JAMIE

Kendall and I are sitting on a blanket watching the sunset on the beach. There's couples walking along the water, kids laughing off to our left and the sound of skateboards behind us. And even with all the random noise this is the most calm I've felt since getting injured. It's also the first time I haven't thought about life after the injury non-stop.

Kendall and I haven't said anything in a while because now she's gone down an editing hole after she made me take a bunch of photos of her and the sunset. She's laying down, on her side, her head is rested on my thigh as she edits each photo.

I've been watching her go through every photo and adjust things. I don't have a clue what she's doing, especially because she's perfect she doesn't need the editing. But it's entertaining to watch her do her thing.

She swipes her finger across the screen to a new photo and it gives me an idea.

"Hey send me that."

Kendall rolls over so she's looking up at me, "The picture?"

"Yeah, I want to post it," I smile.

"You? You want to post on social media?" She says it like it's the most shocking thing she's ever heard.

"Unless you don't want me to?"

"Of course I want you to!" She sits up, her phone in hand as she texts me the photo.

Kendall props herself beside me, resting her chin on my shoulder, as she watches me save the photo and start to post it to my Instagarm story.

@jamie.drysdale posted a story

"Love you," Kendall says as she kisses my cheek right as I press the post button

"Love you more," I smile turning to kiss her forehead.

"Not possible," she says with a small smile on her lips. Then she pulls away, making me turn to look at her.

"I have a question," her tone changes from super light hearted to serious and almost nervous, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"What is it?" I'll tell her anything she wants to know.

"After this I won't bring it up again because I bet you don't want to talk about it," she explains making me kind of nervous.

"What was it like? Like when you got hit, like what was going through your head?" Kendall asks and I can tell she genuinely wants to know.

"It honestly just hurt, the pain was the only thing I could focus on in the moment," I answer.

"I wish I could have been here sooner," she admits, looking over at the water.

I put my arm around her, pulling her to me, "You're here now, that's all that matters," I kiss the top of her head.

Kendall looks up at me and she looks like she's debating on saying something.

The she almost looks a bit sad as she says, "I almost didn't go home that night. I wanted to just go straight to JFK and hop on a flight when it happened," her eyes are glossy like she's about to cry.

"Ken," my chest tightens thinking about her watching the game all the way in New York without knowing what was going on.

"I was with Mal watching and I couldn't get ahold of anyone because everyone I know in LA was on the ice," she continues, pulling all her hair over one shoulder as her fingers start toying with the ends, "It took Trevor over an hour after to the game to call me back, but," she shakes her head, "It doesn't matter now, you're okay."

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to call sooner. I wished you were there too," I admit, remembering laying in the medical room alone and feeling so defeated.

"You're just saying that," she sighs pulling away from me again, looking out at the water again as she wraps her arms around her legs hugging them to her chest.

"Kendall," I keep my tone light and she slowly looks over at me, resting her chin on her arm. "Once they gave me pain meds," I chuckle and a small smile grows on her lips, "You were the only person I wanted to call and talk to but my phone was back at the rink."

"J," she says it almost like she still doesn't believe me.

"Before every game I wish you were there. After every game! I always wish you were here! I hate how far away you are all the time. I wish I got to celebrate every win with you, and not just over a phone call."

I lean over to give her a quick kiss, "I love you, Kendall," holding her face in my hands, getting lost in her bright blue-green eyes, "A lot."

She starts to smile, but before she can say anything I kiss her again. This time slower and softer.

Between kisses with a smile she says, "I love you."