Chapter Four: Looking for Closure

Warning: mention of suicide and rape.

The following morning Tina wakes to the delicious smell of coffee. She opens one eye and finds Bette, wearing nothing but an over-sized pale blue shirt, setting down a mug of coffee on the bedside table.

"Thanks baby," Tina murmurs.

"Morning Tee," she pecks her on the head before sitting on the end of the bed, cross-legged with her own mug in hand.

"I think I'll have to meet you at Dan Foxworthy's later. Alicia just called and it seems she's been inundated with calls and emails after last night. I know it's a Sunday but I think I'm going to have to spend the day working," Bette explains.

"That's fine, just don't be late. The appointment is at 7," Tina says before sipping her coffee. "It's good to hear that Alicia did so well. I know you were worried but it sounds like you have nothing to worry about now."

"Yeah, I'm really relieved I can't lie," Bette says with a sad smile.

"You just need to learn to spend less time stressing over things and trusting that they'll work out in the end. Things are going to happen how they're going to happen whether you worry about them or not. So you might as well save your energy," Tina says.

"Did you get that from the grief book?" Bette asks, chuckling slightly.

"Maybe," Tina laughs. "But it's true. I know you like to be in control but sometimes you have to just trust the universe to do its thing."

"You're right," Bette says placing her mug down on the bedside table and climbing atop of Tina. "I do like to be in control." She plants a firm kiss on Tina's lips. "In fact I love being in control of you," she says before going in for another kiss.

Tina smiles, preventing Bette from kissing her again. "I see you Bette Porter, stop trying to change the subject," she says, placing her hands on Bette's shoulders and pushing her back.

"Change the subject? Me? Never," she shakes her head, smiling to herself. "I said I'd meet the girls at The Planet before I head to Alicia's. Want to join me?"

"Sure," Tina says before pulling Bette back down on top of her and leaning in for another kiss.

When Bette and Tina arrive at The Planet it's busy, full of women gossiping over their coffees and smoothies. Bette looks professional in one of her usual wide leg suits, while Tina looks casual in low rise jeans and a pale green t-shirt. As they make their way to their usual table they see Shane and Helena are huddled around Alice who appears to be sobbing into her hands. Bette gives Tina a knowing look as they head over.

"Al, what's happened?" Bette asks as she takes a seat at the table.

"Come here, Alice," Tina says as she immediately rushes to envelope Alice in a hug.

"Tasha and I are over," she mumbles into Tina's chest. "I- I- know it needed to happen but... it hurts so much guys," she says between sobs.

"I know, I know. It's okay. We've got you," Tina reassures her, rubbing her back as she holds Alice.

"You said yourself yesterday, Al. It's for the best. You know that. Sure it hurts like a bitch still but you'll get over it and you'll be glad you did it. Yeah?" Bette says, reaching for Alice's hand across the table.

"Yeah," Alice breathes, her face full of uncertainty and sadness. Bette's thumb runs back and forth across Alice's knuckles as she offers her a reassuring smile. Tina pecks Alice on the top of her head before taking a seat next to Bette.

"I just wanna' skip forward to having what you guys have, you know," Alice says, looking at Bette and Tina as they sit shoulder to shoulder. Bette's right hand absentmindedly runs up and down Tina's arm.

Tibette - My First, My Last, My Everythingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें