(Extra 3) Careless Whisper

Start from the beginning

"Well you don't know that," Willow told me. I smiled. "Yeah, if anything you're going to be Grom Queen," I told Willow. Then Luz and Amity joined us. "So, I'm assuming me, Willow and Gus are shopping?" Luz asked. "Yeah, sorry batata but Ed and Em are helping me," Amity told Luz. "Well, at least I'll see you tonight." Luz hugged Amity tightly. I chuckled and turned to Hunter. "Hunter, what are you doing before the dance?" I asked. "Me? Well, Darius is actually helping me finish my suit." He smiled nervously. "Do you want to call while I touch up mine?" I invited. He smiled and kissed the side of my head. "Of course." He whispered into my hair. Gus just rolled his eyes and looked away.

The speaker's microphone startled me with its loud feedback. "Oh, they are going to announce the new Grom Royalty!" I looked at one of the speakers excitedly. "Attention, Hexside students, this is your principal speaking," Bump said through the speaker. "Why are you so excited?" Hunter asked. "Because I like hearing who the new victim is," I explained quietly. He just hummed in response.

"This year, I have the privilege to bestow our highest Grom honor to... Y/n Clawthrone! Our Grom Queen."

I hear the group gasp around me. I felt my heart drop a bit but I chuckled. "Oh, that's ironic," I mumbled as I turned to the group. "Well... I'm gonna go. See you guys later!" I told them before I started to walk away quickly.

~~~~~~

I was at my desk, working on my dress when my scroll appeared. It was ringing obnoxiously with Hunter's ID on the screen. I answered the call and a sudden growl replaced the ringing. "Eber! Get away from the phone." I told him, trying to hold back a laugh. "Eber! I wasn't ready to call yet!" Hunter shouted as his voice got closer. I set the scroll on the desk so it stopped flying. I resumed making my dress, without greeting him.

He picked up on my silence and he cleared his throat. "Good afternoon, Love." I could hear his smile through the phone. "Hunter! Come on, let's fix your suit." Darius shouted, though his voice was very faint. "Y/n, are you scared about fighting Grom?" He asked. "Uh... Not really. I don't really fear anything big anymore. I mean, my biggest fear is probably something that they can't manipulate easily." I explained as I finished sewing my dress. "Are you wearing a different dress to fight Grom?" I could hear his sewing machine.

"Yeah! I spent weeks doing my Prom dress. It only took me the afternoon to make this one." I told him. I tapped my foot as I ran my hands through the soft fabric. I finished sewing on the long bishop sleeves and sighed. The dress was short, it would probably go to my knees. It has a ruffled hem and a subtle ruched bust. I also made it a tie-back so I could make sure the dress was tight enough. It was just a simple black color since it was probably going to be ruined.

"The illusion teacher said I could store my better prom dress in her room," I told Hunter. "Oh, that's good!" He replied. "Yeah-" Before I can finish my sentence, my door burst open. "Y/n! We have to do your makeup and hair! We don't have much time!" Emira shouted, pulling Edric and Amity into my room. I sighed and leaned back. "Oh is that Blondie?" Emira asked as she got her scissors out. "Hunter. But yeah." I told her. "Hey, Hunter!" The Blight Siblings shouted.

~~~~~~

I was standing in the living room, looking for my bag. I grabbed my bag and slid on my heels. Mom and Luz already left so I was just about to leave. I heard someone knock on the door and I sighed. "I swear if someone is asking for Mom..." I mumbled before I opened the door. Hunter was wearing a black suit with sewn-on moons and suns. He had a bouquet of red tulips in his nervous hands. "You look so pretty." He said with a wide smile. "Aw! You don't look too bad yourself." I teased as I took the flowers.