vii. "missing angels"

Cecilia's P.O.V.:

Something wasn't right here. Felix also got curious looks, although 'curious' was still too friendly for that. It was as if they knew something about us that we didn't, and now they wanted to know about us. About something we don't even know. You know? It's confusing, isn't it?

"Oh my God..." whispered Scarlett Johansson just loud enough for us to hear. She eyed Felix and me and looked as if she had seen a ghost.

Curious fans behind us bobbed their heads to see what was happening. As if they had no privacy.

"We're sorry, we didn't mean to upset anyone here. Maybe we should just leave," I muttered. It was too much attention for me and that was exactly what I really couldn't stand at the moment. I glanced at Felix and he also seemed unsettled. Only Anastasia had the biggest smile on her lips in a long time.

"Yes, I also think that this is enough. We already have a few autographs and I'm hungry. We should go eat something," Sebastian took the floor and put his hand on Anastasia her shoulder to pull her along. He too, noticed how uncomfortable this situation was for us here.
While others would be happy to see a couple of celebrities like Scarlett Johansson and Elizabeth Olsen excited about them, this was a more than uncomfortable situation for us.

We were about to start walking when Elizabeth's voice suddenly rang out. "Please, wait a second!" she exclaimed. We glanced her.

"Would it be possible for us to talk to you guys? During our break here?", Scarlett asked hesitantly and we looked at each other at the same time. What did Scarlett Johansson and Chris Evans want to talk about with unimportant people like us, please?

"Yes, you can. But it's best to wait until later. Basti is right, we had a long drive and we're hungry. Besides, it's a bit crowded here. Too much attention, I'm sure you understand," Anastasia relented.

Understanding, the two actresses nodded and then smiled slightly at us.
"We'll have a break in an hour, meet us here and then we can talk in peace," Scarlett explained. She bent down slightly and dug out of her purse a couple of maps with long ribbons on them.
"These will make it easier for you to find your way around and really get everywhere. They're more practical than the VIP passes," she added, handing us the cards.

Gratefully, we accepted them and said goodbye to the two of them. It wasn't until we got away from the booth and the cast that I realized how hard it had been to breathe.

Scarlett's P.O.V.:

Upset, I looked after the young teens. Of course, Elizabeth was right. There was no mistaking the resemblance between Cecilia and me. And Felix, he looked like the twins' father in his younger years. Could they really be? Did a higher fate really want me to spend years looking for them and then they come to me all of a sudden?

"Lizzie, are you thinking what I'm thinking?", I hesitantly turned to her and looked at her with a queasy feeling. She sighed in surrender. "Look, I can't promise you, but the little one looks like the spitting image of you, so it's entirely possible. Plus, she has a brother, so that's a lot of coincidences. Don't you think that's off?" she asked me the counter question and I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat.

"I can get my little angels back...", I whispered in disbelief and felt Lizzie squeeze my hand lightly. This was fantastic and yet I was so terrified that we were wrong.

"Mummy, here we are again! Robbie had a climbing competition with me on a parkour and he lost!" shouted Rose giggling and running towards me. She pulled me into her arms, which I dazedly took note of. Just before she could break away from me, I wrapped my arms around her as well and tears welled up in my eyes.

Robbie and Colin also came running and joined us as they talked.

"Mummy, you're going to crush me," Rose suddenly said and I immediately let go of her. Confused, she looked into my reddened eyes. "Mummy, are you all right? Why do you look so sad?" she asked perplexed, putting her small hand on my cheek to run over it.

"I'm...I'm fine, little one," I whispered, pulling her gently into my arms once again. I took a few deep breaths in and out before I got my tears under control. I needed to talk to Chris.

Colin and Robbie's conversation had died down by now and they both looked to my daughter and me. Rose and I disengaged from each other and she, after one last look at me, ran over to Lizzie to take a seat on her lap.

"Honey, did something happen while we were gone?" my husband asked anxiously, kneeling down next to my chair so we were eye level. He ran his hand through my blond hair and tucked a strand behind my ear that had come loose.

"Oh Colin, I think we found the twins," I explained, looking at him musingly. His features slipped for a moment and he looked at me in disbelief, then he began to smile softly.

"That's great! Where are those two? Do they know yet and how did you even find them?", Colin looked at me beaming and asking question after question. Lightly, I gave a quick sob.

"They were getting autographs and then Lizzie spotted them. I was confused for a second, but when I saw what she saw, I understood what was going on. They're so big already! Two friends were there and now, now they're eating," I briefly enlightened him and then ran my hand through my hair as well, which was tied into a loose ponytail. I didn't know if I felt like laughing or crying, but really all that mattered was that I had found them again after all these years, right?

"Scarlett, no matter what happens. We'll get through this together, I promise you," Colin took my hand in his and breathed a kiss on it.

****

Wow, we're on the seventh chapter.
Thats so cool!

~ Aurela