"I got you some food, I'm sure you're hungry with the day you've had." Robby sat down beside Ellie as an awkward air shaped around them. But, despite Robby's stomach practically eating itself in hunger, he couldn't eat. He shook his head as he place the plate on nightstand beside him.

"I didn't mean to." He started, his mouth moving too slow for his mind to get out all of his words quick enough. Ellie's eyes flicked around to see every inch of his eyes as she listened to him. She was trying to see if there was some detection of him lying or not meaning what he was saying. But she found all she found was shame and regret. "I know you weren't there to see it, but I did kick him over the stairs. At that point, the fight wasn't about him kissing Sam or Sam kissing him, it was about you. I was so pissed that you'd been with him and that all of a sudden he felt like he had the right to protect you when that was what I'd been trying to do this entire time. I was pissed that you'd chosen him, and I was so pissed that I didn't get the chance to tell myself to stop fighting him, a-and I kicked him over the railing." Ellie felt her gaze soften, as the scene played out in her mind. "I swear if I could go back and change it, I would. If I could go and apologize to Miguel, I would! But-"

"But you can't. I understand." Robby stopped, he hadn't expected her to be so accepting. "If the roles were reversed, and if Miguel had kicked you over the railing, I'd let him stay here too." Robby wasn't sure if he should feel good about that or not, but at least he knew she wasn't mad at him. "Eat."

And he did. He ate everything on the plate in under ten minutes.

"Robby," He looked at her as she sat the plate on her nightstand, "I want you to know, that turning yourself in would be the best option in this situation but I know you don't wanna do that," Robby nodded, "so, you can stay with me until you feel like it's the best time to turn yourself in. But you'll have to leave early in the morning, if you stay here during the day then Eli is sure to find you, but come here every day at the same time and I'll let you in. Okay?" Ellie watched as a small smirk formed on Robby's face, a smirk that caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach.

"Yes ma'am." He replied, chuckling a bit as Ellie's face turned red. It was then that Robby realized, he'd have to sleep in Ellie's bedroom. Now it was his turn to blush as he tried to speak. "I can um...sleep on the floor." Ellie quickly shook her head. Robby watched the curls that were left over from the school day bounce as she did so.

"What? No! You can sleep on my bed with me." Robby felt his face heat up even more at just the thought of sleeping in the same bed as Ellie. "Speaking of, we should probably go to bed. It's late." Robby nodded, and watched as Ellie shimmed under the blankets. Robby gulped, pulling off his shoes and pulling the blankets over him as well. They were so close, he could feel heat radiating off of Ellie.

As Ellie faced the wall, facing away from Robby, he wondered if should ask her why she was being so nice. Just a couple hours ago she was making it clear that she hated him, and now she was letting him sleep in the same bed as her. He told himself that he'd ask tomorrow, when he came back at exactly twelve o'clock.

~

"I'm here to bail out Johnny Lawrence." The police officer raised an eyebrow, his eyes looking from the tip of her head to the tips of her toes.

"You?" Ellie folded her arms, pricking up her eyebrow as well.

"Yes, me. Now take my money and let him out." Ellie demanded, shoving a wad of money joined by a rubber band across the counter. The officer mumbled under his breath, taking the money and typing on his computer.

"We'll have him out to you in a minute." Ellie nodded, stepping away from the desk as she waited for Johnny to suddenly appear.

𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄, Robby Keeneजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें