Action/Adventure- Results

The results for Action/Adventure are out! Thank you CrimsonShadowMask ! 

~~~~~~~~

Words from the judge- As a judge, I was impressed by the level of talent displayed in these works. The authors have all shown a strong command of language, a creative use of imagery, and an ability to weave complex plot lines. Each piece showcased a unique style and voice, making the task of selecting a winner challenging, but ultimately rewarding.

I encourage each author to continue writing and to pursue their craft with passion and dedication. Writing is a lifelong journey, and the journey itself is as important as the destination. I look forward to seeing how these authors grow and develop their skills in the future.

Thank you to all the participants for sharing their works with me, and I wish you all the best in your writing endeavors!

~~~~~

Lawless Heaven by AshlynLynx

1.) Cover: 3/5

2.) Title: 3 /5

3.) Blurb: 8/10

4.) Opening: 7/10

5.) Grammar: 13/15

6.) Writing Style: 12/15

7.) Characters: 11/15

8.) Storyline: 17/20

9.) Overal Impression: 3/5

Total: 77/100

In Lawless Heaven by @AshlynLynx, the author skillfully creates a dark and complex tone that draws the reader in. The detailed descriptions and well-crafted characters make for an engaging read. However, there were some aspects of the story that left me wanting more.

The end of the story seemed abrupt, and I was left with questions about Eli's decision to jump overboard and the identity of the Fellow. Additionally, the quote about Christians at the beginning of the story felt disconnected from the rest of the plot. The introduction of pirates at the end of the story also felt out of place with the beginning. Further exploration of the characters and more elaboration on the quotes would have strengthened the story.

Despite these shortcomings, Lawless Heaven has many strengths. The author's use of complex vocabulary and unique voice added to the overall atmosphere of the story. The characters felt realistic and were well-developed, particularly Eli, who had a complicated history with Melody, and the mysterious Fellow. Rebecca, another character introduced on the ship, was also captivating as a sly character who enchanted Amias.

In conclusion, Lawless Heaven is a well-written and engaging story with complex characters and a dark tone. While there were some unresolved plot points and disconnected elements, the author's use of language and character development made for a compelling read.

Jackle Jim by JohanLiebert33

1.) Cover: 5/5

2.) Title: 3/5

3.) Blurb: 8/10

4.) Opening: 7/10

5.) Grammar: 13/15

6.) Writing Style: 12/15

7.) Characters: 12/15

8.) Storyline: 17/20

9.) Overal Impression: 3/5

Total: 79/100

In Jackle Jim: The Hunt is On by @JohanLiebert33, the striking cover immediately catches the reader's attention. The author's use of vocabulary is impressive, although there were some minor punctuation errors.