25|Gaurav's blogpost #4|

Song for the chapter: Secrets and Lies by Ruelle.

https://www.gauravbanerjeesharma.blogpost.com

TO SPEAK

(for all those voices which haven't felt heard)

Title:Is this the end?

Most of the readers of my blog have asked me who my brother or my father is and why it feels like I am a psychotic teen babbling about fictional stuff in the guise of reality. Trust me when I say fiction and facts are so entwined that sometimes it becomes difficult to separate one from the other, as said in the last literary event attended by Late Anubhav Bhattacharya Sharma, whole of my heart, my idol, my blood, my half-brother.

Just in case you have been living under a rock.

Abhinav Sharma, the famous real estate agent and also a close associate with major political leaders of middle Andaman had been arrested by the police on grounds of murdering his grandson Anubhav Bhattacharya. He was helped out by his niece in the disguise of our house help.

I don't know how the events turned out. I have been outside since the morning so I guess he arrived while Baba was still in the house. He was seated in Anubhav's room so Baba had no idea when he left.

Mr. Bhattacharya claimed he had a heated argument with Anubhav and he pulled out the gun from his pocket. (yes he admits carrying it with himself) and Anubhav bhai might have said something to trigger his past trauma and Abhinav pulled the trigger of the gun.

By the time he realised what he had done, Bhai was gone. Bhai must be glad to be gone, he had already convinced himself that he was a burden to both Sia and me.

And a disappointment to his late mother.

The world knows his tale now. Of how his death was framed as Suicide when he was murdered on an 'impulse' by his maternal grandfather and helped by his aunt and our house help Neena. It was just yesterday, that he surrendered to the police and is currently behind bars with his niece who helped clean the evidence.

I do know a thing or two about impulse. Given both I and my long time partner Sia are driven to an unhealthy extent by it.

But something was different about the day before yesterday. It wasn't her momentary anger spilling venom in the dining hall, it was years of pent up rage and frustration. We all failed each other.

I failed the girl I loved.

Looking back at the time, I wonder if I had confided to her about my family, probably I would have stopped the next turn of events. But why did I refrain then? I did see my forever with her and yet I could not make her a shareholder of my secrets?

We met the next day again.

For one last time.

"I am sorry I have been playing make-believe as well." That was all I could say. "But my love for you was never a pretense."

"I know" That was all she could say. "I loved you so much Gaurav. But I cannot. Not anymore."

I nodded."I know."

We were sitting at the beach again. Fully sober this time. Not to make any more impulsive choices. She was wiping her eyes. I was sighing. We didn't kiss goodbye. We didn't hug. Just our paths went the opposite ways. Just like that.

And maybe that was the most reasonable decision we had taken in the years.

I was only halfway when I realized I had something else to add in there. I wanted to ask something.

How come she found the device of Abhinav Bhattacharya unlocked? I have seen his phone before, he had his face lock on. Moreover, anybody seldom keep their unlocked phone out in the open, especially when he has objectionable stuff which could be discovered.

Or was it because he wanted it to be discovered?

Was his plan much more than he had let us on?

So here this book officially comes to an end.

I may (if you like) update some more Anubhav-Sia or Gaurav-Sia moments as bonus chapters. It would be purely feel good in nature. So let me know if you would like to read some

I shall be glad if you leave a review of the book here. It helps me improve as a reader.Thank you so much.

Signing off,

Mahi

(02/05/2023)