7|Gaurav's blogpost #2|

Song for the chapter: What a time by Julia Michaels, Niall Horan.

https://www.gauravbanerjeesharma.blogpost.com

TO SPEAK

(for all those voices which haven't felt heard)

Title: Loving and losing

I do not know much about the complex facets of love. I have been a person who ushers out every bit of affection inside me and expects the same in return. Even if not the whole of it, I want the person I love to reciprocate at least a tad bit of what I have endowed them with.

Nonetheless my luck with reciprocation has never been good. Neither my biological nor my stepfather or if I say more simply neither Mr.Banerjee nor Mr.Sharma has expressed even a bit of their affinity towards this bastard of a person that I am, everything they had provided me with was merely a name of duty disguised as love. My mother however does love me. Or so I believe. But the entanglements in her life had kept her busy enough to even realise that her little boy needed at least some bit of motherly warmth in his growing up years.

The first time ever affection and love came to me unasked for was obviously from Bhai. 

The next time that love didn't sweep in my life. Rather it would be more proper to say that I was swept off my feet.

It was one of those early days of my dating when I came to Mumbai to pursue my masters in Economics. I have only had one relationship in my life that started and ended in college itself. Here at Mumbai University my mates were making desperate attempts to send me off to blind dates.

And that's where I met her. A friend of a friend. A fellow university mate from the Department of Law. The charming and bubbly Sia Tripathi. Not to mention she was being unnecessarily talkative on the first date and despite her clear show of interest, I had the heart to make up my mind that I would never see her again.

After three uneventful weeks and four more failed attempts at blind dating with others, I did see her again. Not that I had intended to. I was with bhai at Alibaug because his maternal grandfather was here for some 'buisness deal' and afterwards wanted to see both of his grandsons. We spent the weekend at his farm house, making pork barbeques and gulping down some expensive Tennesse whiskey. 

It was during a late night stroll at the beach that I did see her.She was just there with a joint in one of her hands and tattered heels on the other. Sitting dazed near the sea  All I wanted was to know if she had been okay or if she needed any help. 

Two minutes into talking and I knew that she had a shitty day at her class and her friends, it was her parents' death anniversary who had passed away a week after her sister's marriage,her roommates had dragged her here to spend the Sunday with her and made her smoke pot for the first time and that she hates me for not calling again.

"You are weird" I told her.

"I take that as a compliment" She pouted.

I was laughing too hard than I should have. "Pass me the joint" 

 "Pass me the joint"