"Shut up already!" Ben shouts as he turns around to hit us. The car swerves, we get hit by a van. Max and I lurch forward.

I scream as I fall off of the window seat, a startled Kitty hisses and runs out my door. I hold my chest, my heart beating erratically, as I try to control my breathing.

"What happene- " Nox starts as he barges into my room. He must have finished work. His eyes widen at the sight of me and he immediately grabs his phone and dials a number.

"Stop!" I cry out. "Please don't!" I choke on the air as I try to greedily get the air back into my lungs.

"Max! Come home, right now! Your sis- Okay! I'll take her!" Nox ends the call and dials another number. "Help! Please! My friend, she's having trouble breathing! I live in the penthouse of the Pierre building on North Street! Please hurry!" he yells as he carries me, his phone in between his cheek and shoulder.

I choke again on my air supply as I grip his shirt. He races down and out the door, carelessly dropping his phone as he runs to the elevator. I shake violently as I try to control my breathing. "I-I'm fine. P-please d-d-don't take me t-to the hospital. P-please..!" I choke out as I grip his shirt tighter.

"Luna, please don't talk." he cries out. "I am not letting my best friend's sister die!"

I clutch my chest as it contracts tighter. My vision is getting blurry, my head feels heavy.

"Luna?! Luna! Please! Hang on!" he cries as he holds me closer to him. The elevator dings right as the world goes black around me once again.

"Mom, where are we going?" I hear Max ask as we walk towards a small house near the city. I hold my big brother's hand as I jump on random puddles here and there.

"Max, you and Luna will be staying with Aunt Josephine until Mommy comes back to pick you up ok?" my real mother smiles at the both of us.

"Josephine? I never knew Grandmother gave birth again." Max replies.

"Oh? Aunt Josephine is from your father's side dear." she answers as she brings us both inside the house.

I sit down with my brother in lobby. Our mother went inside the office. I played with my toy bunny on my lap as I looked at my brother occasionally. He's reading a book. It's a weird book called 'A Beautiful Mind'.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. O'Collins. But we do not accept children from families that can manage them themselves!" a woman exclaims from the room as the door opens. I jump down from the chair and race towards the door, hugging my mom's leg as she walks out.

"You don't understand, Josephine..." my mother pleads. I look up, seeing my mom with a sad expression.

"I'm sorry..." Aunt Josephine sighs as she closes the door. Max pulls me off of Mom as she smiles sadly at us.

"Kids, stay here with your Aunt alright?" she asks as she kisses our foreheads. She hurries out of the building as I look at Max.

'Now that I think of it, my mom never came back for us.' I think as I come to. I blink angrily at the bright light near my face and I grumble. Oh god, am I in the hospital..?

"Lulu?" a voice asks. I turn my head to the side and smile at Max. He stares and holds my hand tighter.

"Hey, Maxie." I reply, my voice cracking slightly.

His eyes well up and he cries into my hand. "I thought I'd lose you, Lulu..."

I wince slightly from his vulnerability. "But you didn- "