☢Level One☢

☢Knowing life is hard, is not the only thing you need to know to get through it.☢
Published 06/01/15

I knock on the door of the penthouse, confused as to why the address my brother gave me lead me here. Scratching the back of my head, I read the address over and over again on the small scribbling I wrote on a piece of paper.

The door opens and a boy with glasses, dark brown hair, and green eyes, steps out of the penthouse. "Hello there. What can I help you with?" he asks with a smile.

"I was just here to find my fucking brother. Is that too much?" I reply with an eyebrow raise. He stares at me in shock. Oh crap. Did I do it again?

"You must be Luna!" he exclaims with an even bigger smile. "Max told me you'd have black hair. I guess you dyed it pink?"

"It's supposed to be purple. The hairdresser got it wrong and I have to live with it." I sigh. "Now, does my brother live here or not?"

"He does. He's just at work. Which reminds me I have to go to work as well. Um, can you guard the house while we're gone? I was waiting for the sitter but she called just a few minutes ago saying she won't be able to come. So your timing is perfect." he replies as he pushes me inside. "Your room will be the last door to the right of the stairs. Bye!"

I blink at the door as he closes it shut. "Was I just kidnapped or was that really the infamous Nox that my brother kept bragging about?" I say to myself.

I feel a furry thing brush against my ankle and I yelp in surprise before jumping away, dropping my duffel bag in the process. A meow comes from the culprit and I stare at the white furball that is now in front of me with a small food bowl in her tiny mouth.

"Uhh... Hello, Kitty..." I greet hesitantly. The cat sets the food bowl down and meows loudly. I hurry to the kitchen and search for the cat kibble. "Fuck it! I'm feeding you tuna!" I yell as I grab the tuna from the pantry. I open it with the easy open puller and pour the content into the bowl before tossing the empty can into the trash bin.

The cat meows and eats the tuna like it's heaven in a bowl. I watch for a few seconds before I grab my duffel from the living room and walk towards the stairs. Where did he say the room was?

I settle down in the correct room, after confirming with Max through text which room I'll be staying in. He fixed it himself. It had a window seat and nearly everything was colored blue, for fabrics, and light brown wood, for the wooden furniture.

I sit on the comfy window seat, staring out the window towards the rainy outside of London. I trace the path of raindrops on my window with a sigh as I lean on the pillow on the wall with my eyes feeling heavy.

"Martha, why did you get these children?" Ben asks as I wake up in my brother's arms in the car. I shivered and Max tightens his hold on me, making me warmer.

"Ben, my mother is coming home. I only need these kids to impress her. We can throw them out into the streets after."

My eight year old self cuddles into Max as he strokes my hair in a brotherly manner. I cry all of a sudden. I'm hungry, I don't know what to do.

"Luna. Shh... It's alright. Please be quiet.." Max cooed into my ear.

I still cry, I look over at them and cry more after I see Martha and Ben looking annoyed.

"For the love of God! Shut the child up!" Ben shouts.

"Brat, shut your sister up!" Martha yells at Max. Max shakes and tries to calm me down.