C.F / be with me

❊ summary : finding out your best friend Connie has feelings for you

"You think that um Dalton will show up for the 4th of July?" Conrad asked me, I shrugged my shoulders, I didn't know if my boyfriend Dalton was going to come, he usually joins us.
"He hasn't told me yet" I replied, Connie relaxed back in his chair and focused back on the movie.

Conrad was a little different this year, he seemed more reserved... I mean he's always been to himself but this year felt different. As the movie played I'd try and glance every now and then in Connies direction, I tried my hardest to understand him. How hard could it be to understand him? He's been my best friend all my life.

Belly and Steven then entered the living room , "Hey, we brought back some food from the shack " Steven spoke, Connie quickly stood up, "Im good, I'm not hungry, I think I'm gonna go for a surf." Conrad replied before walking off, Belly gave me a look just at confused as me, "is he okay? He's usually down for having food from the shack" she murmured.

I made my way into the kitchen and saw Susannah and mom, I smiled and admired their friendship. Before I decided to eat, i pulled out my phone to text dalton.

He seened my text pretty quickly, and as I ate my dinner I waited for a reply

Conrad point of view ❊

The beach could always calm me down, I felt safe. I also felt safe with Y/N. I think the hardest part is realising I've fallen for my best friend, she was perfect, she was funny, beautiful, smart, forgiving... and she was also already taken. I knew this late night surf was very much needed, I couldn't stop thinking about her. My smile faded when a thought popped into my mind 'Nicole'. Nicole wasn't my girl, but we had something I guess you could say.
The truth, I didn't like dalton...he made y/n's life hell, he'd belittle her about what she'd wear, how much she ate, how tired she looked. I never understood why she stayed with him. I assume she stays because she's scared to be alone. Growing up she was always dependent on someone, it wasn't a bad thing.

I finished my surf and started making my way up to the house, stopping in front of the sliding door I saw Y/N still in the kitchen. Once I entered the house she turned her head towards me,
"Connie, have some dinner" she whispered softly, her cute voice.
Brushing my fingers thru my wet hair, I then started making me a plate. It was complete silence as I made me a plate of food. Her eyes... I could them feel them on me, watching me.

"Con?" She mumbled quietly under her breath, almost if she didn't want me hearing her. But I heard.
"Yeah?" I said back, y/n took a step closer to me and I leaned back against the island, " uh, you seem distant recently, is everything ok?" She asked me, her eyes connected with mine and put me in a trance, words couldn't escape my lips. I struggled to speak.
"I've got heaps of shit to deal with that doesn't concern yo- It does, it concerns me Conrad." Y/N cut me off.

Y/N point of view ❊

"Just let me handle it okay, Do you, and let me do me." Conrad snapped back, which was rare for him to do... especially with me. I could feel my eyes begin to water, I just wanted to help him.
"Okay that's fine." I replied and walked away. I ran up to my room and closed my door, finally I was able to let out a breath, it felt like I couldn't breathe at all.

Couple hours later, I got a text from Conrad.

-Next chapter

-
Next chapter... let me guys know what you want/request 🩷